Stripping skin from feet

Roz

Forum Trainer
Bobbie has been picking and literally stripped the whole top layer of dry skin off both feet over the course of a week. Here is a pic I took of them when she had almost finished. You can see patches of dry/white skin still left which she has now removed. She seems to have stopped now - no mutilating which I was worried was going to happen next. Does anyone know why this could be? Lack of EFAs, vitamins, minerals? Just dry skin? Undersides look fine. @DizzyBlue ?

tGpuTZX.jpg

Have you switched on your central heating?
Alfie my BFA had this about three years ago vet told me to up the house air humidity
and use a little vitamin E oil and rub it in coconut oil works as well.

Another cause is the feet or toes may be giving pain, this happened to a blue front amazon that had a similar problem to a bird that I was asked to visit, took it to my avian vet and it was owing to the bird developing arthritis although at this stage it did not notice

Reactions: Roz
Thanks, Michael, that’s a very good point. I thought about it as I wrote the post, but discounted it as the behaviour stopped once all the dry skin had gone and she hasn’t touched them in the same way since. I will continue to keep an eye on her and her feet though.

Back
Top Bottom