St Cyrus Gala, What Are The Birds?

Nigalius

Madras
The Gala yesterday was the best one I have been to and was the biggest. Many stalls, typical gala type stalls, plenty for the kids and adults alike. They even had a hog roast stall and for once I forgot I was on a diet. Frankie loved it there, meeting many other dogs and a dinosaur which is in one of the photo's. The arena was flagged off and everyone sat around the edge on bales of hay. I was well happy that there were a few birds of prey there and I got a few pics that I hope someone can recognise. I think one is a Harris Hawk, one I think is some kind of Kestrel or perhaps a Buzzard? and also a Tawney Owl.

Is this a Harris Hawk

I think another Harris

My Favourite, is it a Buzzard?

I think a young Tawney Owl

Frankie taking on a Dinosaur

Good that the weather held out

Lovely photos Nigel. yes the first two are Harris Hawk. THird one, not a Buzzard, the wings are pointed in shape, so a falcon.....difficult to say which from that angle...but I'd plump for a peregrine or a lanner.

Lovely photos Nigel. yes the first two are Harris Hawk. THird one, not a Buzzard, the wings are pointed in shape, so a falcon.....difficult to say which from that angle...but I'd plump for a peregrine or a lanner.

I'm glad you mentioned that name of 'Lanner' as it rings a bell and i'm sure that is what he called it.

Great photos Nigel, looked a fab day out. The birds have such bright yellow feet, is that a natural colour?

looks a good day. The first is a Harris Hawk. he is like the one in my photos that i walked around the woods with. The next looks like the Peregrine in my photos. Such beautiful birds

Back
Top Bottom