1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spammers

Discussion in 'Suggestions And Feedback' started by Nigalius, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I am sure it has already been thought of but just would like to know or suggest something.

Is there any reason why the forum can not operate a system where all new members have to be accepted by admin or mods before joining. As I say, there might well be a reason but I wonder if it would halt the flow of spammers we have had lately. I see there is one that was deleted only a few moments ago.

Just an idea.

Kendra and TomsMum like this.
  2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

We have discussed this before and is a good idea .... but the reason for us not implementing is the possibility of a newbie joining wanting urgent help e.g. With a sick bird, -and an admin not being around to approve their account straightaway.
    It's frustrating that we do have spammers
    join but at least mods can get rid of them as soon as they are spotted.

DizzyBlue, tka and Kendra like this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Nigel it would not always stop the cleaver Spammer whom can make the new introduction look like they have an interest in parrots

Kendra likes this.
  4. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I see what you mean there but at the time that there are no admin or mods on it would be unlikely there would be many others on anyway. So if someone was looking for urgent help it is still unlikely they would get a reply.

I bet all the staff are having a little competition to see who can Zap the most spammers. Haha.