1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skype Video Calling For Entertainment.

Discussion in 'Parrot Entertainment' started by Condor, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Condor

Condor Regular Member

Hello fellas,
    I have an orange winged amazon and interested in setting up a Skype video calling for him, to interact with other feathered friends over skype. I think it can be fun. Maybe they could eventually start using it themselves, lol.

Will anyone be interested? :emoji_computer:

Tom.

pally and JessCheekyMia like this.
  2. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

That is a great idea, I have a orange wing amazon too. I would love to skype him and Mia can interact with him. My Gizzie (too) will hate it though, he screams at my tablet when I am looking at photos of peoples beautiful birds on here.

3. Condor

Condor Regular Member

Sure, that sounds like a plan. When will you have time to try this?

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  4. Roz

Roz Regular Member

What a great idea! I also have an orange-wing. Having problems with Skype here so sadly can't join in.

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  5. pally

pally caique whisperer Regular Member

What a fab idea,now you can all enjoy the calming sound of my 7 caiques going nuts all day ahaha! Enjoy

Condor, JessCheekyMia and TomsMum like this.
  6. JessCheekyMia

When ever you have time @Condor, I am at home 6 days a week.

7. Condor

Condor Regular Member

What about this Saturday? Maybe 14:00 or something? Nico is already Excited!
    IMG_1980.jpg

JessCheekyMia, dianaT and DizzyBlue like this.
  8. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Ok got to ask about this Skype thingy as never use such stuff me self so naturally .... aint got the foggiest!
    Does skype give away and personal information such as your ip addy or anything like that? Might be an issue if others can log into it from elsewhere or is it rather like a conference call where you have to be invited and are given a pin code to log in just pondering if it gives away info then the wrong type of peeps may get it if they try .... and find out where you are if they wish to steal a bird ..... :camper:
    Is it perhaps possible to set up something like live cam?
    Think it was last year that Jude (Tomsmum) found us the link for the Macaw live cam linkage of a pair of breeding birds and we were clicking on the link and watching them rear their chick :)
    @TomsMum

9. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Heaven help us all if Pally gets all his flock online! We will have multiple species of parrots all making caique noises :yikes:

pally likes this.
  10. Condor

Condor Regular Member

Hello DizzyBlue

Skype is safe and does not give out anything. It's easy to use as well, and you can have conference video calls too! Skype gives out only the info you want to such as your language, gender and city. (only if you fill it in). There is also possibility setting up a fresh let's say parrot's account, for that purpose only. There are many other ways of doing this if preferred, open to other ideas.

Parrots having a conference call! I thing we are taking parrot relationships to a new level, haha:budgie::emoji_laughing:

DizzyBlue likes this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I used to yous Skype quite a lot especially when I had my computer shops and it was a far better way of keeping contact with other known skype users and phoning abroad saved so much money. it is safe and a good idea but I would not be using it as with my flock they have there own conference calls between them

12. JessCheekyMia

@Condor Would it be ok for evening time, or is that too late for Nico.

13. Condor

Condor Regular Member

Hi,
    No, evening is fine actually. What time would suite?

14. JessCheekyMia

6pm will be great. I think Mia is going to love chatting to Nico.