1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Use Cage Rack

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Rockerman 65, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Rockerman 65

Rockerman 65 Regular Member

Hi all just wondering your views on the pull out rack that's on bottom of my cage above the pull out tray should I use it on my ringnecks cage or do you guys take it out. Thanks in advance

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I cover the grill/rack with newspaper then roll up the dirty sheets every day sometimes twice, just roll up the top ones and you can replace them easily.

3. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

My metal grilles are in but I do as Diana does and have sheets of newspaper on top of and below them. I just take out the top newspaper sheets every morning and every night to keep it clean even if some of my birds do think its brilliant to run around on the floor of their cage shredding paper to make a snow storm! Busy beak is an occupied mind and if they enjoy it what the heck who cares the word tidy and parrot do not walk hand in hand :p
    These grills are really horrible to try and get parrot poop off can only properly clean them in the bath and scrub them down with hot water and f10 so newspapers work great.
    Some people take them out but it entirely depends on how much of a cap they create and if a bird can get themselves jammed in the gap ie their head or doe sit leave a sharp edge on the tray etc.

dianaT likes this.
  4. Rockerman 65

Rockerman 65 Regular Member

Than you all for your advice that's a good idea covering them with paper that what I will do. Thank you

DizzyBlue and dianaT like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

So much will depend on the cage and in other cases the species of bird