Should I Be Concerned?

hannah smith

Registered
Since my orange winged amazon began warming up to me, I've noticed a consistent behaviour. When I lie down on my bed to either watch something, nap, and especially when I'm ill, she flies over and perches on my arm near my head, she then continuously flaps her wings and fluffs her feathers making loud mumbly sounds and trying to regurgitate and repeats each action again and again

She is defiantly wanting your attention at times that you are not seeking hers, She is seeing you as a partner and is getting quite possessive. the thing is by flying on you she is getting the response she wants that is helping reinforcing the behaviour when you least want it, I will call in @Roz and get her answer on how not to encourage her, it so hard to ignore a bird calling ,flapping and feeding you but its something that should be stopped as there are times you need to rest especially when you are not well

Yes, if it is sexy time, don't encourage it. Keep petting to head and neck only... not body and wings. I have the same problem with Bobbie my Red-lored Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom