Sexy Mackenzie

Its always one of those things do we let them get on with what comes naturally or divert them.... hmmm personally i just make sure its not me they are trying to do such things with and if they choose to get fruity with a toy or whatever i look the other way so to speak :dntknw:   i haven't offered any of mine anything as a replacement or "outlet" for such things as i neither like to encourage nor disuade them from it since they are hand rears and those that i have that aren't are in mated pairs so not an issue as such....

but totally agree you need to blame Lisa (DiveGirl) :laugh:

Lol- this was a huge problem for me a few months back as Alfie became a total sex pest- my hands, my feet even my head (it was a very uncomfortable experience and it only happened the once!) I tried the cuddly toys but he was only interested when my hand was still attached to them!!! Lou and I even discussed the possibility for making a 'sex toy' for him using some of her parrot's feathers- yes it sounds absurd but I was getting desperate. Although it did lead to an uncomfortable encounter with the Pets at Home shop assistant and if you are wondering, no they don't sell sex toys for randy parrots.  :shock:

Anyway I found that I was doing a few things that, well let's just say were giving him the wrong signals. Who knew that stroking his back and feeding him wet food was a big no, no around spring?  :dntknw:   :nono:  So I stopped that and he has calmed - a little bit. Let's just say he hasn't tried to get his freak on with my head recently but his little eyes go huge at the sight of my hands- but he will settle for an elbow and I have got to the point where I try and distract him but if that doesn't work I ignore him. Trouble is he is a persistent little bugger! 

From the advice I have been given on here it sounds like it is something that we have to accept- he looks at me as his mate and this behaviour is very normal- to him at least. Other than get him a lady friend (which is not an option for me and to be honest I think his caveman attitude and the fact he doesn't know he is a bird would make dating difficult for him) I have to ignore  it and hope he gets it all over with quickly.  :shock:

Reactions: Lou
Alfie started with a tortoise- showed no interest. Then we went to a rabbit and then the classic teddy bear. Someone suggested that I get a cast of my hand! 

Alfie was about 2 when he became a totally hormonal and ready for a mate- he is now 18 and um lets just say has become more determined and creative in his approaches. But I didn't help myself. There are things you can do to lessen that behaviour. I think I read a list of about 10 things you SHOULDN'T do and I had done about 8 on the list. My poor boy- he had such a clueless parrot owner.  :dntknw:   :wall:

Ah yeah, Stinkie has fun with my foot several times a day. At first I was shocked, now I don't really care, I figure I'm the cause he doesn't have a lady friend so it's unfair for me to shoo him off. I just wish he didn't do the squeak he does...

Having said that he doesn't get aggressive or attack me or anything, he's nice and mellow so as long as he's happy I don't care.

Ah yeah, Stinkie has fun with my foot several times a day. At first I was shocked, now I don't really care, I figure I'm the cause he doesn't have a lady friend so it's unfair for me to shoo him off. I just wish he didn't do the squeak he does...

Having said that he doesn't get aggressive or attack me or anything, he's nice and mellow so as long as he's happy I don't care.
:laugh:   :lol: Alfie just repeats "Come on."

Back
Top Bottom