1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senegals Or Chameleons?

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by Nigalius, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I just realised something this morning that Nacho and Roxy might not be Senegals but instead Chameleons. I see so many white downy type feathers on the floor of the cages and stuck on the bars but looking at each bird all I see is Grey on the head, Green on the wings and Yellow on the chest. Where do all the white ones come from? Why are there very few Yellow ones around the cage.

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They are the under fluffies !

3. Nigalius

They are well hidden as I can not see a single white fluffie when they are flying around. Its just my silly thoughts that puzzle at times.

4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Well there's a little project for you to do Nigel :) when the next little one steps up for a snuggle or a tickle just very gently part the feathers as you tickle them especially on the back of the neck and hey presto you will see those lovely fluffies that keep them snuggly in the cooler weather :)

dianaT likes this.
  5. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Neck feathers should be slightly greyer in colouration and the chest under fluffies whiter

6. Roz

Roz Regular Member

I dare you to part their feathers, Nigel! :pancarta:

dianaT likes this.
  7. Nigalius

Mmmm...... I might pass on that one. :nono: