1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Gulls

Discussion in 'Joker's Tavern' started by sunnyring, Jul 24, 2018.

1. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

stolen off facebook - it made me laugh

Guys this is the true crime story of the decade:

Yesterday a friend told me what might well be the best story I’ve ever heard. She had caught the train in from Frankston. And while she was waiting for the train to come, she noticed a man sitting down on the platform with a bag of fish and chips. But he wasn’t really eating them. He was just sort of letting them air.

This attracted a few seagulls, who began to circle the platform. Instead of shooing the birds away, the man offered them a few chips. He’d toss one a foot or so away from him. It was like he was beckoning them to come closer. He kept doing this, eking the chips out slowly, until there was a big group of seagulls in front of him, 15 or 20. A tiny army. He’d throw them a chip every now and then – just enough to keep the birds interested, but not enough to sate them. It was frustrating. They were getting angry. Squawking. It was like he was rearing them up for… something.

Then the train came, and everyone got on. But the man stayed on the ground with his chips. Just when the train was about to leave. It happened.

Right before the doors closed, the man threw the entire bag of the fish and chips into the train. The entire flock of seagulls followed the bag. And the doors closed. Inside the train: pandemonium.

The next train stop was five minutes away.

dianaT and Michael Reynolds like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I can just see the panic of the people that had been near the entrance that the chips landed. Well I wonder if that was his intention or a way of getting back at the gulls or getting them moved on away from Frakstone. I also wonder what if it was a fast train to London or another city. I think every one would of moved from the carriage too another one. Gulls will do anything to grab food and I was surprised that they never went for it while the man had the fish and chips. It is very common that they will grab food from people but I can see the funny side

sunnyring likes this.
  3. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I thought he was going to get them run over, but reality was much better! Did this actually happen?

4. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

debatable ... but I like to think it did lol

Stinkie likes this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Gulls are very good at judging the speed of vehicles coming towards them the chance of a car or train running them over is extremely slight. Now could this of happened well I do not think that that the thought of doing such an act has not gone through a few peoples heads well if it did not happen at least the person whom wrote it must of thought of the possibility. I do not get many gulls flying across the farm but in town they are always on the scrounge

sunnyring likes this.
  6. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I used to love seagulls, I would share my sandwiches with them, found them super funny little critters.

Then one crapped on my window leaving a huge brown splatter, which had never happened before. Also, this happened just as it got hot and stopped raining so it's well and truly solidified there. Window opens outwards and I can't clean it. I am beyond pissed at this point!

sunnyring likes this.
  7. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

sponge duck taped to a stick works for my tricky windows.. not smear free but are clean

Stinkie likes this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

you can get magnetic widow cleaner that work even on double glazing I used too use them at my mums flat. they even held through the plastic frame. the poop on your window! was it white with a darker colour inside? it may of been one of the seagulls just giving back the sandwich that you gave him Ha Ha