Scooter Having Fun In The Garden

Michael Reynolds

Its so nice to allow scooter as much freedom and keeping him safe as well.  they are fantastic photos  and the aviary's in the background look fantastic

Nikki h

Mother Hen
Awww thanks guys yes he's a super boy... I could photograph him forever he is such a colourful boy.........the avairies are waiting for a jet wash in preparation for the grey guts to move back out so currently are still empty !

Kasuku

Aw I'm in love, Scooter is so gorgeous :rose:   Just love his colouring and cheeky face, what a happy little ray of sunshine :animated-parrot-image-0025:

Sue

Scarf

He looks so happy! I really wish I could get my Garp to take to a harness but she is a fussy girl and won't tolerate it. We used to take her out freely when she was little but we can't risk it anymore - she flew away once and it was just too much of a mare trying to get her back. I had to climb to the roof of a three-storey building...only for her to decide when I got there that it was a *really fun game* to get mum to chase after her, and to fly to the top of a monkey puzzle tree next *sigh* It took the best part of two days before we got her to come home.

And clipping is not an option for us - she is too active and would be miserable.

The thing with Rosellas is that people say they are untameable, which is nonsense - you can tame them very well and they are very devoted to their humans provided they get lots of attention - but what IS true is that they will never be fond of too much handling or restriction so they always remain a little bit 'wild' in that sense. So harness training is a huge challenge and we never really got it right. So now she flies around indoors and goes outdoors in her cage, which at least is large, but it's not the same.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
He's beautiful and to think you and Sarah both couldn't understand what it was about ammies that sent me into raptures of delight :) and now your both ammie fans :rose:

Dolly

Awww thanks guys yes he's a super boy... I could photograph him forever he is such a colourful boy.........the avairies are waiting for a jet wash in preparation for the grey guts to move back out so currently are still empty !
Lovely bird and great pics Nikki.

I started a thread this morning about seagulls. Sounds odd, but Lesley will be harness training Frankie for me. I am looking forward to going on walks (ok wheelies) in the woods and along the riverbank next to our place. There are lots of seagulls around there as we are close to the sea. They can be quite aggressive when folks throw bread to the swans and will swoop and dive in mid air to grab the bread before it lands. I am a little concerned they might attack Frankie. Have you ever encountered this type of problems when out with Scooter?

Top Bottom