Saturday 9th November

dianaT

Staff member
Good afternoon, what heavy rain we had here this morning it was coming in under the garden door so had to quickly use dog towels to mop it up. Hope everyone is safe with so much awful weather and floods too.

Kendra

Morning All.

Pleasant day at the moment, even the sun is shining but could easily change. A late start to the Saturday post, wondered whether to start one but though better not. Good to see Michael did.

The bird room seems to be becoming smaller and smaller, when the cages are in there will not be much room left, yet it looked reasonably big empty, suppose if I keep everything off the floor then it will not become clogged up. Took Lucy in this morning, she was not amused, no, no, no, every time I tried to show her something she turned her back on it!.. Not one for change isn't our Lucy.

Wakizashi21

Not heard from @Nigalius in a while. Hope he is okay. Do love reading his early morning comments.

Had a good week off from work so spent some extra quality time with the birdies. Think i ran out of cardboard boxes haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds

when I typed my reply to the latest caption competition my second answer was after I thought of Nigel and what he would of typed.

Michael Reynolds

@Kendra I should of brought Jackie around so she could see there are bigger birds than her. no my big birds all get on with the other flock members big or small. I thought as it is this time of year I will have Poppy as my avatar. I was asked to free fly her this year but owing to so many hospital appointments and awaiting for surgery I had too cancel her flying over the crowds at Tonbridge castle this year on remembrance day

dianaT

Staff member
No more news from Nigel since I last spoke to him. I have a feeling he will not be coming back on the forum or social media for sometime, but he knows we are here if he needs us.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Afternoon all
Well the water has stopped coming down from the sky .... now its coming up from the road!! Burst major water main at the top of the street no through traffic road closed totally, water authority been there since 12 and its spouting up through the middle of the road! Road flooded, local allotments flooded, pathways flooded, pumping station under water by two foot, large tankers trying to suck it all up ….. they are going to be working on that one through the night I can see. They can't even pump through to the Haven which is the local huge canal like structure its a huge drainage ditch that is a good 5 meters wide and 6 deep where the old barges used to come up into the village years ado, that takes the water away from the fields as that is full and any water that hits tarmac is considered contaminated. Poor guys look like they have had enough I bet every man and his dog have been having a pop at them as if its their fault, bless em they are only the workers,
All the local fields are underwater around here and drains and ditches full since it was a dry sky I went up to an old haunt for a walk to blow away the cobwebs walked a fair few miles and back was going to stop for coffee and a slice of cake but decided no more cake just had a coffee instead need to get some weight off.
Little hoggie is ok wish he would start to put some weight on but if anything he has dropped 5gms which isn't good doesn't look promising :( but we will see have known them do it before when all of a sudden they go from eating slugs and worms on to cat food and biscuit as long as he keeps eating we stand a chance

Top Bottom