1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday 29th June

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dianaT, Jun 29, 2019.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, a dull one here but hoping it stays dry for the portable railway attending a local event, we think this year may be the last year of running the track due to lack of volunteers to help, shame, folk enjoy these things but no one wants to get involved and it's only a few times a year too.
    Daughter grandsons & dog go home today, car all packed up but along hot journey ahead as they are heading back to the heat.
    Well I best get on, there will be lots to do over the coming week or so in the way of cleaning, tidying up etc etc! Then they are back in August.
    Keep cool & safe folks.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and cazimodo like this.
  2. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Afternoon folks. Still sunny and warm here, but a bit more overcast so there could be rain on the way.

Spent last couple of hours prepping up another couple of slow cooker recipes. On the menu today is bouillabaisse and butternut squash and chick pea curry.

The saga with Ziggy continues, but we have a new routine now that is helpful. I let Frodo roost with her overnight as they both need the closeness and she doesn't snip much overnight, then first thing I get them out for an hour or so and then tempt them back into separate cages with a nice breakfast. They stay separate all day until I get them out in the late afternoon again. Seems to be working to keep Zigs a bit more calm and saves Frodo's plumage. She's still barbering herself, but not quite as badly. I have a vet appointment for her next week anyway, just to be on the safe side and we'll see about a collar if Madame doesn't look like stopping.

She does seem to be having a bit of separation anxiety, because she squawks very pitifully whenever I am out of sight. It's odd, because Grant was always her special person, but for some reason she wants her mum now, and all the time. So it looks like those couple of days I moved to my crochet room across the hall to avoid the bird lamp have caused her grief, even though she could still see me. Poor complicated little girl!

Have a lovely day y'all, and stay cool.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

3. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

I wonder what really goes on in their little heads? Sometimes Dora really seems to be telling me off, but mainly just chunters, tuts and purrs at me. Another hot one outside, the chooks are cooling their feet on the dampened grass and Dora and I are indoors in the cool. Managed to get a photo of the snake nestled in the undergrowth this morning - what a privilege to be sharing the place!

Michael Reynolds, cazimodo and dianaT like this.
  4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good evening, its a hot one and unfortunatly i have had a day of being stuck out side the car i was driving developed a problem and kept cutting out, after reaching our destination we had a chap check it over and he got it running fine, on the way back it packrd up on a bend facing up hill on a narrow road, in the end once we found signal the AA was called, got towed back but each time we had problems the car and us was in full sunlight, all the flock are well and in talking and wisteling mode. Its a shame no one wants to help set up the track Diana i wish i lived closer as i am all for any thing that helps give pleasure to others, Come on Ziggy leave them feathers alone girl, some birds do not understand changes but she may notice that you have not been your self Parrots are very complex. Snake how lovely to see will love to see the photo

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and cazimodo like this.