Saturday 22nd June

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, its a bright start here in the garden of England, No storms due for this area until tomorrow but i hope it turns out a nice day for every one, Birds are all in fine voice awaiting there breakfast that i am still preparing. I will be nipping into town later, as i have run out of peas and want to get some more whilst they are in season, I will be taking Poppy in her harness with me as i havent taken her out this week. photo is of Lou Lou she was more interested in playing with her toys than comming on me this morning and that makes a change as she is normally one of the first birds that will jump on me in the morning, hoping you all are fine and felling better than yesterday if you are unwell, have a great day IMG_0345.JPG

cazimodo

Morning everyone. Kind of sunny here this morning, but we'll see. Grant is convinced we will be able to have a braai this afternoon. I am reserving judgement as I don't believe any weather forecasts due to our micro-climate here.

Given the Lupus diagnosis I decided it was time to eat healthier, so we went to Morrisons yesterday and bought a heap load of vegetables and other cooking stuff. I have two slow cookers on the go this morning and plan to slow cook and freeze up a storm over next couple of days so when I don't feel well enough to cook, I can heat up some good, healthy ready meals instead of store bought crud. So far there is a green Thai chicken curry and a Kerala sweet potato and spinach curry on the go and the smells are just amazing

Have a lovely Saturday y'all.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sort of sunny here today, a deep clean of cages and trying to figure out how to catch scatty chickens Mathilde and Marianne on my own to spray them properly against mites etc - might have to lure them into the hen house and climb in too.
Hope the diagnosis of Lupus isnt too disheartening Casimodo, hopefully you will be able to manage it most of the time. I wish I could get DOra to wear a harness - she doesnt mind me touching her front but doesnt like her wings being lifted and sees the harness as an enemy.
Hope everyone has a good day and that we get news of Nigel soon, as he hasnt posted for a whileI get the feeling he must be back in hospital.

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, a hot sunny one down here which is just as well as today is the beginning of Milford Fish Festival event at Milford Haven Docks. Usually lots going on more like a massive fete plus entertainment, food stalls, sea shanties, vessels to go over. I had planned to go with daughter & grandsons but unfortunately my ear is blocked again causing me to feel unbalance when walking so best I stay at home. It will clear it is the Eustachian tube that closes and eventually opens again - one day! Shame as I enjoy all the goings on at this event. Never mind.
Still no news on Nigel, it is a worry as there is no one to let us know how he is. My guess is that he must be back in hospital though.

Make the most of the nice day as they forecast heavy rain & storms later tomorrow.

cazimodo

Thanks Wendy I feel much better for knowing what it is. I'm one of those people who needs to know how things work. I read all sorts of aircraft stuff prior to flying and I am happier knowing that such and such a noise is the flaps, that other noise is the airelons and what they are for and so on

I'd love to have my birds harness trained too, but if I go anywhere near them with a harness they fly off in a mad panic. I tried with Ziggy when she was young and affable, but she hates having it over her neck and I hated trying to get it off her neck as they are so tight.

Ouch @dianaT, that's a real shame you can't go to the fair. Ear stuff is no joke though ; friend of mine from work has labrynthitis and she is quite often off for weeks with it.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Afternoon all
After some digging around and a few telephone calls Diana and myself have managed to locate Nigel. Bless his cotton socks he's back in hospital.
Diana and I were starting to become rather frantic about his whereabouts as its so unlike him not to be in touch with somebody.
Anyways tracked down to hospital and have asked the nurse who answered the call on his ward to tell him we are all thinking about him and to get better soon.
I now need to go and lay down in a darkened room and steady my nerves, I just about bust out crying when she said he is there with them what a flipping relief.
Diana break out the flipping chocolate cake we deserve it along with a stiff cup of coffee or three!! @dianaT

dianaT

Staff member
Well that took some tracking down but at least we know where Nigel is and wish him well and soon to be back home.
Plenty of chocolate cake and chocolate bars here - the boys need a constant supply apparently - will send you some!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Nigel worries the heebygeebies out of me at times :confused:
Chocolate is defo a food group in its own right and a very good thing for all sorts of ailments according to me!
Oooo Nugget you look right snazzy and colourful a right good set of plumage colouration you have going on there :emoji_heart_eyes:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Anybody want any rain? Seems to have a dose over here that I will gladly send to anybody wanting it FOC naturally!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just gotten off the phone with Nigel, he sounds quite poorly and going to be in there for a bit longer, he's on the mend but its going to be a very slow process.
Did send everybody's best wishes to him and he sent his to you all.
Will up date as and when I find anything more out.

Top Bottom