Saturday 1st August

Michael Reynolds

yes its a new month and coming closer to Christmas. well its going to be another hot day so take care out side. I am going to a local boot fair with my neighbour but not planning to buy any thing. birds are all in good voice this morning I think the sun has got to them as it shines through the window. I hope you all have a great day but remember we still have the virus out there so please be carful x

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, goodness knows where this year has gone, only seems like the other day we were all told the severity of that Covid virus. I don't think family are coming down later this month as was planned, they live in Bromley, probably wise not to.
A damp morning here and a much cooler one forecast for us our West. Take care everyone.

Scott199

Morning all

grey and muggy here, desperate for a decent thunder storm.
Got to go and sort new carpets for the bedrooms today and looking into getting the living room wood floored for Bert as he seems to of decided the carpet is a demon and must be chewed at any opportunity 🙄

I had to go back to Monday, Berts still giving me the cold shoulder for leaving him, Monday night when I came home he turned his back on me every time I went over to his cage, sulky little teenager mode this week.

stay safe all and have a good day.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello all, much cooler today and cloudy with a little thunder rolling around.
Dora has been supervising while I've been sorting the sheds - stuff for the recycling centre had been piling up and we still have a lot of packing boxes etc to get rid of after our move but i lost the card that gives access into the recycling site. Its taken me nearly 3 months to get a replacement card!
We have cracked and ordered a trap to get rid of the horseflies. They don't bother us too much during the day, but mid evening when the sun is sinking and we want to be outside they are like a swarm, circling and landing on us and battering against the windows! The trap is supposed to get rid of 95% of them and covers a wide area, but by the time it arrives they will probably decide to move on.
I would normally go to the local monthly boot fair but think I'll give it a miss while the coronavirus is still around.
Time to get back to that shed.
Take care everyone

Ararajuba

A couple of last cool weeks are forecast here before it gets very hot and dry for a while, followed by rainy season in late Oct/early Nov. I've been taking advantage of it being a bit cooler outside by cracking on with clearing the stones from the garden, and was just planning last night where I was going to put plants and saplings in already cleared spots, and thinking about what else we might want to get to put in ready for the start of rainy season. Unfortunately while thinking about this I somehow missed my footing on the patio in the dark as I was coming back in, just where the useless builders had left a depression next to it, and SOMEone (I'm looking at the wife!) had recently put a doormat out overhanging the edge, creating a sort of mini-pit trap, almost undetectable in the dark till too late.

I now have what appears to be a badly sprained elbow after coming down nice and hard on the unforgiving patio concrete with all my weight on one hand, and won't be doing anything whatsoever out there for several weeks, at best. At worst it could take months to properly heal. So much for plans! I'm quite impressed by how much this particular injury hurts, and the weird purple marks and swelling around my elbow despite only my hand having actually touched the ground. I can move my fingers and don't think anything actually broke, but arm is usable for precisely nothing, besides the pain. Of course children keep wanting me to pick them up, and little one doesn't understand that I simply can't, so she keeps crying and fussing at me (I did try once, and won't be repeating the attempt!).

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Evening all
Errrrmmmmmm yeah I was feeling a tad bored and shuffled the forum folders around a little bit .... ok a lot :halo:
Tried to sort it out into a bit better groupings ...... well in my head anyway ...... which probably means the rest of you are sitting there thinking why has that ended up in there?! :risas3:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I didn't even warn the mods let alone all you members so your all in the same boat together he he he!
:eat_cake:

Ararajuba

Thanks people. I probably will get it checked if there are not definite signs of improvement within the week. Don't have heath insurance though (rest of family does!), public hospitals are a real pain to deal with, especially right now (they make the NHS look efficient sometimes), and private no-insurance treatment quite expensive. I can also guarantee they will prescribe x rays (which will involve going to a separate x-ray clinic miles away, waiting around all day, then paying loads for them). More trouble than it is worth unless this is something worse than a sprain!

Top Bottom