Saturday 19th October

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning folks

Well who knows what will happen today re Brexit, I expect that Boris's proposal will not get passed by government and we shall still stay in limbo for much longer.

Really must stir my stumps and do come cleaning before granddaughter arrives Monday.

Anyone doing anything more exciting than me today?

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana, Yellowchickenparrot and Kate plus all that follow, every morning is exciting for me as I never know what will happen next Ha Ha, Birds are all happy as I allowed them some naughty food this morning that included sunflower, , Ok I lost my Snowy (Budgie) for two days checked every crevice and corner not a sign of her, kept an eye out for her during feeding times not a sign. could not sleep last night so I decided to rip the place apart, last time a saw her she was in busters cage sitting next to him, that she has done very often with out any problems, I always have a worry with buster as he had killed a budgie when he was younger. well my place looks like a bomb hit it so I will have to sort that out today. could not find a trace of snowy not even a feather. I was starting to panic had rats got into my place again? did Buster eat her, could she be lying injured and hiding, you can imagine my thoughts from the worst to is she laying. she would normally come over if a called or start chirping but not a sound. I will say that nothing affects me more than missing a flock member. her habit for going in the cages of the two birds I do not 100% trust Oliver and Buster or had she upset one of the other flock members I could not get off my mind. well I found her and she was sitting at the very top of the tiels indoor aviary, could not see her because of its solid roof, I just had to give her a quick cuddle and a kiss, so its naughty day for all the flock as all my worries of her out come are eased, I think I asked each one of them had you hurt Snowy all looked so innocent, I fill so bad for blaming them I had to make thing up and apologise to them all. yes I am parrot mad thinking they understand what I am saying to them all, but that's typical of me. should be a dry day today for a change although not sunny at the moment. will be busy trying to get things back to normal after the last two days of panic. have a good day every one

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Morning all,
@Michael Reynolds you are a star - I would have done the same and stayed up all night looking for her.
Update on sewing ..... should have known really - new noise from the machine and odd things on the table are just toooooo tempting, so apart from a little tying off of ends etc sewing with Dora around has been abandoned. @KateA hope Bobbie is happy now dads home.... Dracula is such a good description when they want to show disapproval!
Day one of doing the chickens while friends are away - always a bit of a worry as other people rarely look after their animals and birds as you would wish, but they are OK, not a smelly chicken house / pen thank goodness and all feed and water containers clean. I had said I would bring more hay/straw as I was warned they were getting low, and will go back later with fresh hay and Daitomatous Earth as the henhouse is crawling with bugs...cant identify them - not lice or redmite, but not welcome all the same and DE is efficacious in treating most bugs. There are 3 cats, not feral but outdoor cats that get fed once a day, but it looks like one has a large tick - dont know if she will let me handle her to remove it with a tick twister, and am loathe to attempt it if she looks like she will struggle as could cause more problems if the tick doesnt come away cleanly. PLus need to make sure I wear my wellies from now on - wet grass and start of tick season - yuk.
Have a good day everyone

KateA

Morning all,
@Michael Reynolds you are a star - I would have done the same and stayed up all night looking for her.
Update on sewing ..... should have known really - new noise from the machine and odd things on the table are just toooooo tempting, so apart from a little tying off of ends etc sewing with Dora around has been abandoned. @KateA hope Bobbie is happy now dads home.... Dracula is such a good description when they want to show disapproval!
Day one of doing the chickens while friends are away - always a bit of a worry as other people rarely look after their animals and birds as you would wish, but they are OK, not a smelly chicken house / pen thank goodness and all feed and water containers clean. I had said I would bring more hay/straw as I was warned they were getting low, and will go back later with fresh hay and Daitomatous Earth as the henhouse is crawling with bugs...cant identify them - not lice or redmite, but not welcome all the same and DE is efficacious in treating most bugs. There are 3 cats, not feral but outdoor cats that get fed once a day, but it looks like one has a large tick - dont know if she will let me handle her to remove it with a tick twister, and am loathe to attempt it if she looks like she will struggle as could cause more problems if the tick doesnt come away cleanly. PLus need to make sure I wear my wellies from now on - wet grass and start of tick season - yuk.
Have a good day everyone
Omg I hate ticks. I once sat down on the grass somewhere as a kid on holiday. The next time I looked at the grass it was crawling with them. It was like Euston for ticks.
I had nightmares from it.
Brrr

Michael Reynolds

even as a kid I always liked tick's providing they was in my school books Ha Ha mind you the golden star was the bees knees of marks from a teacher in those days, now I think they use sticky smiling faces Ha Ha

dianaT

Staff member
Worse place for ticks we found out was Exmoor we holidayed there once with previous dogs we had back then and every evening we had to sit down and de tick them, it was horrible.

Last edited:

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

in the worst of the tick season its a case of stripping off to check as soon as i come in from the garden, I think 3 was the most at any one time,... its the price to pay for living in a warm dampish climate and in the woods!

cazimodo

Evening all. Hope everyone is well.

Another busy work week for me this week. Yesterday was my eldest grandson's 13th birthday though so we spent the day with the boys and my daughter. Went to movies to see Abominable (so cute!) followed by lunch. I was totally knackered when I got home and was in bed by 7:30 last night!

Today I have been working on trying to finish a crochet pattern I'm designing for Xmas, but it's going to take another day to complete. We might be going to the movies again tomorrow to see Joker, but not sure if that yet.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Tonya

Good morning Diana, Yellowchickenparrot and Kate plus all that follow, every morning is exciting for me as I never know what will happen next Ha Ha, Birds are all happy as I allowed them some naughty food this morning that included sunflower, , Ok I lost my Snowy (Budgie) for two days checked every crevice and corner not a sign of her, kept an eye out for her during feeding times not a sign. could not sleep last night so I decided to rip the place apart, last time a saw her she was in busters cage sitting next to him, that she has done very often with out any problems, I always have a worry with buster as he had killed a budgie when he was younger. well my place looks like a bomb hit it so I will have to sort that out today. could not find a trace of snowy not even a feather. I was starting to panic had rats got into my place again? did Buster eat her, could she be lying injured and hiding, you can imagine my thoughts from the worst to is she laying. she would normally come over if a called or start chirping but not a sound. I will say that nothing affects me more than missing a flock member. her habit for going in the cages of the two birds I do not 100% trust Oliver and Buster or had she upset one of the other flock members I could not get off my mind. well I found her and she was sitting at the very top of the tiels indoor aviary, could not see her because of its solid roof, I just had to give her a quick cuddle and a kiss, so its naughty day for all the flock as all my worries of her out come are eased, I think I asked each one of them had you hurt Snowy all looked so innocent, I fill so bad for blaming them I had to make thing up and apologise to them all. yes I am parrot mad thinking they understand what I am saying to them all, but that's typical of me. should be a dry day today for a change although not sunny at the moment. will be busy trying to get things back to normal after the last two days of panic. have a good day every one
Happy to hear Snowy is fine. The birds probably just heard ‘blah blah blah Snowy?’ Or ‘blah blah blah Snowy!’ And then read your facial expressions.
My Alex has learned to escape his cage through one of the side doors where his bowl hangs. I watched him delicately slide the latch and push the door open and I could swear he stopped and did a little pose (while looking at us) with his body half way out the cage his beak slightly open in a lil grin as if to say ‘Ha Ha see I can leave anytime I want!’

Top Bottom