Saturday 17th October

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, a sunny but blooming cold one down here.
As from last night folk are supposed to be stopped and questioned upon entering Wales from Hotspots in England, goodness knows how that will be done, and what about those arriving by train? So many loopholes.
Plans for today are - make a Shepherds Pie, do some ironing (only the necessities you understand) and mow the lawn later on once the sun had dried it off.
Apparently next weekend the clocks go back (is it back?) so its lighter in the mornings and darker earlier on in the afternoon.
Hope everyone has a nice Saturday whatever you are doing.

Afternoon to everyone, cloudy but dry and mild here in the north west. Went for a 2km walk this morning after brekkie, now doing dishes... the excitement! Yesterday, when I uncovered the birds and said good morning, Gary said "want a poopy", did one, them climbed up to his balcony door to be let out :lol:We'll probably not hear that for ages now!
Got to distribute some eggs, and clean the blue feather rats out, one of whom I can hear running about on the wooden floor in the bird room! Usually means mischief, so I'm off to investigate! Have a good day all!

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Afternoon all, cold this morning but the sun came out and it's been warm.
Out for a car ride with Dora to a trappist abbey where the nuns make a particular cheese. And another car rides for her next week when we go to collect some new chickens. My husband has spent the last couple of days creating a seperate area for them until they and the other girls get used to each other. It will be lovely to have eggs again and maybe even encourage our older girls to think about laying again come spring.
I agree with you about ironing @DizzyBlue, essential things only, although i do tend to like ironed pillowcases.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
:bird_brain: @Wendy Cooper-Wolfe what ironing???
Well afternoon all thought I better post .... the blinds are up!!! Hopefully they will stay where they have been fastened and not suddenly leap off the wall during the night lol
So tonight it's black out blinds at the ready and no more annoyance for the flock when next doors motion flood lights keep coming off and on during the night. The things we have to do for our flocks never fails to amaze me.
Can't get my head around how on earth they are going to decide who is supposed to be in wales and who isn't. Not getting my head around strictness in other areas when you can leap in a car and go in and out of those too? Not sure that is solving anything really.
Been a lovely sunny day this side of the country with blue sky and sunshine it did rain during the night a little but that was all.
Hope everybody as been enjoying themselves as much as possible and staying safe.

dianaT

Staff member
:egypt::egypt: you got the blinds up well done @DizzyBlue .

Have been trying to help hubby put the new replacement 50m hose onto the wall hose holder but of course hit had to come off the wall yesterday to do that, long story short. Two days later it is finally done, I watched a Hozelock Utube video on how to do it but he knew best, eventually this afternoon he had to look at the video and realised he was trying to re assemble it the wrong way round - men!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I have just closed the blinds for the first time :worship2: now praying they stay attached :risas3:
not quite sure if the ginger blob likes them or not he's sat staring at them :watchout: there's always one critic just never thought it would be the cat ....

Top Bottom