1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday 16th March

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I think its dry at the moment but today is supposed to be a terrible day if the met office are to be believed. We have Sun, cloud, light rain, sleet, heavy snow, My neighbour likes to keep his loo window ajar but bet he does not do that if we have much snow, he knows what I am like, haha, crafty or wot.

The birds are fine upon my check which I do each morning but i'll give them a better inspection when they are properly awake. I check the eyes, poo's, basic feathers but when they are half asleep I can only do one side. Just thought, do they make such a thing as a birdy dressing table? Roxy would love that but he would probably eat it. The wild ones will be out later but Robins seem to have gone as not seen them for a couple of weeks. Plenty of Goldies around at the moment and might see one or two Greenies soon.

Dont know what I will be doing yet today. Still not easy to eat and swallow solid food. Things like meat is the worst but there are other foods like tomato's with a skin that does not break up easy. But, things like most crisps such as Quavers and Wotsits are ok as they can be softened. I am going to take @TomsMum suggestion as from Monday next week. Wont stick religiously to it but 80% will do me. There are many things I actually can eat and I am compiling some kind of menu which is nutritious and also what I consider to be interesting.

Have a Great Saturday Everyone, Prayers for all those not feeling 100%

Cheers

Nigel

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, it is still blowing a gale here with more forecast,it seems never ending.
    Well rugby this afternoon so am looking forward to that and see who wins the Grand Slam, but nice for Warren Gatland if Wales wins, after all he leaves after today.

Keep safe everyone.

Nigalius likes this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning Nigel and Diana plus all that follow, its been another busy week for me mainly owing to the time limit I had for the exam. yesterday urgent excursion that was not planned had not helped. Will Jack will be coming later, hopefully we can get the other part of the cabinet up so I can get the kitchen straight and also give him time to meet some of the flock better. its still a little breezy (and cloudy but I hope it stays dry as I have so much to do outside. I hope you all have a far better day than yesterday and them whom have not been too well will have a far better day

4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    Been raining all night and still is now the wind is getting up but at least the side of the roof that got damaged is down and so is now safe on the driveway going in and out the door! It definitely would have come crashing down in this better it was done in a controlled manner. As soon as the weather smartens itself have already got a builder in place to do the repair work so that's good as its not something I would be able to attempt.
    Needed to nip to the shops and popped into the garden centre it's a little place that grow their own stuff and bring a few bits and bobs in closed during the winter months and has just opened for spring and was really happy to see that they had some roses in. Really ecstatic in the end as I got to buy two roses both the same variety and haven't seen this one for ages … well not at a reasonable price anyway!
    I used to have lots of the same variety called Whisky Mac which is a hybrid tea rose with a really heady scent. My dad used to grow them when I was a little sprog back then it was the only hybrid tea with a scent that's how many years ago it was lol. Lost all my roses a few years ago when we got flooded and never replaced them.
    Well managed to get two and only £4.99 each :)
    Debating putting the front garden back into a rose garden again and putting wild flowers and things like lavender in between instead of it all just been grass.
    When I first moved here I planted 400 gladioli in the front garden along the fence line all different colours never grew them before and it did look stunning the first two years. Year three was a weird one as only reds came up and no other colours and then year 4 was the flood and nothing came again. Had an Angels Trumpet that was huge back then and lost that too never done anything out there since really quite lost heart in it all when everything just basically drowned. Was interesting though that year organising the local kids with buckets to catch pet koi that had escaped from people ponds and were swimming their way down the road lol.
    Anyways back to the present … wind rain and oh yeah plus wind and rain! Did I say its windy and rainy???
    Whatever anybody is up to today stay dry and safe. xx

Nigalius and dianaT like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I have had a few tiles slip, this wind seams to go on for ever just lately, So pleased the magnolia tree decided not to allow the flowers to bloom yet as others around had and lost most of the flowers already. did my normal survey around the bungalow to see if there is any traces of rats trying to enter, there was not but I have so many cobwebs to clear of under the guttering so I can say that it may of been windy but it has not blown the cobwebs away.