Saturday 13th November 2021

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hmmm 13th hmmmm always a number I am wary of which is peculiar as I'm not really superstitious.
Black cat crossing my path I am usually in hot pursuit trying to see if it's ok.
Walking under a ladder is just common sense not to do as it's a health and safety thing.
Dropping keys and putting your foot on them so you don't pick up bad luck nope not something I do.
Throwing spilt salt over your shoulder is in my view dumb especially if someone is behind you basically it's spreading the mess :thinking:on
Not putting shoes on a table also is common sense who wants to transfer germs on there from what they stepped in outside!
People who are afraid genuinely of the number 13 I did read have a condition called triskaidekaphobia which is a heck of a mouthful!
Weirdly that lead me to look for other strange word descriptions I found out that the longest word in the dictionary is for the word that means fear of long words!! Hippopomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Fancy having that and being frightened of the word how the heck would you cope with that for a diagnosis label?
Anyway I digress it's dry calm and mild over here
Henni's black eye is colouring up an still bathing it as the vet instructed she's peed off with me for setting her face and has that really grumpy African Grey crackle growl when I do it and keeps trying to grab the wound pad as I bath it. :buenrollo:
Right time to get on with stuff. Stay safe all

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, goodness me what a lot of info re superstitions etc. But I though it was Friday 13th was a day to be wary of. Well in all honesty every day can be a bit dodgy. I plan to go to Lidl this morning now I have Herbie back and it will give him a run.
Hubby will stay here for Amazon delivery, use them a lot these days also their Black Friday deals are on.
One grandson is planning to come stay next week for a couple of nights and he just loves cheese so will see what Lidl have, will make him up a basketful to take home as after he's paid the rent on his very nice bedsit he doesn't have much left.
Mind how you go everyone.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Ooooo love a bit of gouda or brie sounds like a lovely idea to send grandson home with a pack up Diana. :)
Roast dinner at Nana's ....ooo sounds yummy.
I was debating making stew and dumplings and a few extra dumplings for afterwards with a bit of golden syrup NOM NOM NOM!

Lauraj

Good evening all,

So on top of the house move and full renovation, we have made the decision to keep our little foster dog. I knew it was not the best idea to look after her, as i knew id fall in love with her!
Coco is an imperial shin-tzu who is 2.5 years old (roughly) and she is now a permanent member of the family, she is perfect and doesn’t bother the birds. She sits and watches bo peacefully, she wants a quiet life but she will never be left alone with him out of the cage.

Then on top of the dog addition, my calico pleco has laid loads of eggs! So im going to have loads of little additions in our fish tank! Boyfriend is crazy about pleco’s and we have loads of different types, my first set to breed though.

House is coming along, hopefully will be in within the next two weeks and Bo will have his new calm home. I am off for a long shower as i am full of paint and to sort the rest of the mini zoo out. Hope everybody has had a good day!😅

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Ha to put it in a cupboard to resist the temptation :rolleyes: can't genuinely promise it will live to the end of November but will certainly try my hardest :watchout: hope I don't forget about it and find it in January though :risas3:

Top Bottom