1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday 12th August

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

As I expected, its a cloudy sky, unlike last night when plenty of stars were shining which has put paid to me trying to see the Perseid Meteor Shower. However, there are 2 more days where it might be seen so heres hoping for a better sky tonight or tomorrow.

Not a sound from Nacho or Roxy so far, Frankie has just wandered in to check that I have not deserted him. He often does that cos if I dont wake him when I get up he must notice that I am not there and wander around to see me.

I am cadging a lift to Tesco today which will greatly reduce my current Tesco list that I was building. Then when I am home i'll be on a mission to clean the oven, its getting too dirty. I will also be making some individual pied over the weekend. Dont really wanna freeze them so I can make 4 and keep them in the fridge. I also want to go to Gillies to look at some flooring for my kitchen. I was going to pay someone to lay it for me, probably a roll of decent lino but I am told that they also do lino tiles and I think I could cope with that so I wanna go to see what there is about.

Have a Great Saturday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel.

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Nigel and everyone, a dull one but they say clear skies tonight so we may get to see the meteor shower, that's if I can stay awake long enough.

I hope you get to look at the lino type tiles Nigel and some shopping done too.

Friends are coming for a meal this evening, I shall make rhubarb pie for pud, looks like it may be the last of it for now, but there's still masses of runner beans, not sure I should put those in a pudding pie!

Enjoy the day folks.

3. Nigalius

Go on, do it, I DARE ya? :pancarta:

TomsMum likes this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

But... do you have custard or gravy with it ??

Nigalius and TomsMum like this.
  5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Pudding pie...now that brought a smaller to my face! When I was at junior school, a group of kids used to walk together and parents would take turns to accompany us. There was one lad whose mum really doted on him, and was always concerned that he wasn't going to get enough to eat (he wasn't the thinnest child!) one day on the dropping off home after school walk, she asked him what he'd had for school dinner that day "pudding pie" he replied....no one knew what he was on about, but that's what he insisted it was! It was in fact banana and custard!

Cloudy here and very windy...rubbish weather as often is when it's the Balloon Fiesta in Bristol!

Have a good day folks....we need some more sunshine!

dianaT and Nigalius like this.
  6. Nigalius

On one side you put the custard and for those that like a little more savoury on the other side Gravy. Also it might help to remind what side is what, on the top you can put the onions one side and the Strawberrys the other side.

dianaT likes this.
  7. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Tired today :sleep: Archie had a late night too
    My family went down to Warrington, Manchester/Liverpool area? To buy a new car (I didn't go)
    Didn't get back till nearly 12 at night

Nice car though, Audi a5 sport back tdi 12 plate
    Really clean car, practically brand new

Have a nice weekend everyone!

8. Clinton

Clinton Regular Member

Hello All
    things have happened i see this morning , with running away beans weather and cars :)
    me not much doing washing clothes waiting to see the meteor shower later not sure
    i need to watch the athletics tonight
    although i am annoyed that the BBC are not showing relevant news about other places
    in the world like Venezuela problems and trump saying military action is a possibility there and
    in the same speech with north korea mentioned again (BORING)
    and china having the biggest road death something like 29000 plus a year and the train crash in egypt
    sorry just venting GRRRR
    partly sunny here in harrow would prefer to be fishing or shooting at paper than washing
    have a great day

Nigalius likes this.
  9. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

hi all. well the tide of rubbish is increasing daily.. will be 6 weeks since they collected any on Monday. not good. and now they are saying bin men may continue to strike until Christmas! did debate burning it but would be horrible task as would all have to be sorted as lot of it unsafe to burn/ wouldn't burn so not going there unless really have to.
    sophie still hyper. I bought her a card play tunnel which has been fun.. she scuttles into it - then it rolls with her in it and she comes out furious ! then goes in again lol was £3 from pets at home and designed for guinea pigs to chew so reckon reasonably safe- didn't think would last long but she has had it over a week and still intact so not bad

Stinkie likes this.
  10. Clinton

Clinton Regular Member

its getting ridiculous this collection for you just dont pay them all what they want the council there is terrible
    hope they fix it soon

11. TomsMum

:) nice game Sophie...Chiko does that in his too

sunnyring likes this.
  12. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

afternoon all. had a lazy day here. sunny this morning. put washing out then you can guess... chucked it down .. did my first week in my new job last week. ive got to say i enjoyed it. what a difference being with people who treat you like a human being not a thing. just hope things dont change. I was very worried that things might overwhelm me as yesterday was 2 years for my son Stephens passing.
    safe day everyone.

dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  13. Clinton

Clinton Regular Member

Condolences on your sons passing not long ago
    nice to read your enjoying the new job hope all goes well for you :)

bikergirl Carol likes this.
  14. TomsMum

Bless you Carol....it would be lovely to see an updated photo of the garden area you made in Stephen's memory :besos:
    @bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol, dianaT and Clinton like this.
  15. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Just been and bought one of those guinea pig tunnels, was sitting outside pets at home when I read the forum haha

Sorry about your son Carol
    Pleased you enjoyed your first week

sunnyring and bikergirl Carol like this.
  16. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

So nice of you to remember @TomsMum about my garden. i will take photo soon as its grown a lot. my hydrangeas have flowered a lot, buddleia is beautiful. dosnt seem like 2 years.
    Thanks for the kind words @Heather2131 and @Clinton

17. Clinton

Clinton Regular Member

amazing 4 by 100 mtr race well done GB

dianaT and Nigalius like this.
  18. Nigalius

It was amazing. Did not think they were going to beat US.