1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat 5th

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yellowchickenparrot, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

good morning everyone, sorry I have been missing out on the forum fun things have been completely crazy here, I haven't had time to shave let alone play on the computer lol. It's very cold here but doesn't seem to be any frost. My wife gave six of her fancy chickens away to my cuz who keeps chickens and has three Acer's for them to run free. I spent a lot of time and effort deviding and leveling the garden and the chickens have dug massive holes and destroyed some of the lawn. I didn't say anything this was her own thoughts as the kids will want to enjoy the garden in the summer and it's just a muddy pot hole poo covered mess now. I kinda miss them they all had real charictors but we still have four at the moment. I can't believe how good Luna has been with all the parties and Xmas calibrations she didn't seem bothered at all with people in and out and around her cage, the noise singing and laughing, noisy kids toys etc. Well we had kebab's last night which is my least favourite I always have a burger as the kebab's are so rank. We have all been poorly a few times over the last two years having kebab's and for some reason my wifey just doesn't learn as she's violently sick now. She's probably putting it on as I wanted to go to the tool shop today ha ha. Hope everyone has a good day.

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, @Yellowchickenparrot I completely understand about the garden & what the chickens have done to it, ours used to do the same (I think they all do) plus eat all the plants, jump into the veggie plot and eat the greenery of whatever is trying to grow, but they did give us lovely eggs, and I do miss 'my girls'. That is good Luna is comfy with folk around and a busy household, it sounds like she enjoyed it all. As for kebabs I have never eaten one and never will, maybe its the hot chilli sauce that is making your wife sick (if she had the sauce).

Well it's another cold morning down here but not such a hard frost as yesterday, it seemed to take all day to warm the cottage up, with radiators on and the wood burner going....then it was bedtime!

Am planning to make a chicken & leek pie today (even make the pastry!) well at least that is my plan.
    Keep warm folks.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and TomsMum like this.
  3. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning Yellowchickenparrot, Diana and all to Follow...

The coldest it has been here through the night is 15.8c which is good for the birds I think. Again we only have light winds so it will feel ok. There is no rain threatened either so it should not be too bad today except, the temp only getting up to 3c.

both birds are fine and again I have a very strong suspicion that one of them is trying to talk. a few times yesterday I heard a noise that was not one of the normal noises and I could have sworn it was an attempt at a word but not a clue to what the word was.

I did not feel so good yesterday and I think it was totally my fault. On Thursday as you know I went to the hospital and forgot my medications beforehand. No problem really, just take them when I get home and adjust the evening ones. But when I did get home I felt really good reflux wise so I took the other pills and gave it a go at leaving the reflux tabs out of it. There are 3 of them plus the Gaviscon. I left the lot out. I was eating about 80% normally and had some BBQ chicken ping meal in front of me when a piece of chicken (meat only) got stuck in my esophagus. I was not choking but just could not swallow anything, not even water, this has happened many times before and usually makes me gag a little until it clears but there was no gagging. I laid down and about 10 minutes later within 2 seconds it had gone right down. But I think the reflux is rearing its head again now. What I am saying is that those pills I left off that I thought were not doing much good it looks like they were helping after all, I was wrong. I am not eating too good again as I have to get back to where I was. But can drink any liquid and normal food but very slowly. At no time have I been sick or felt sick.

Have a Great Saturday Everyone and get well all those who are poorly.

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT likes this.
  4. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Oh Dear Nigel, hope you feel better and get back to the schedule.
    As for the chickens , yes they scratch up everything! ours used to be "folded" around the garden so they didnt damage everything at once. I even left a huga patch of soinach for them last year. New garden now, and even with 1.5 acres there are only a couple of good places as yet, this will change over the seasons as they will need to be down in a cool spot in summer, currently under some trees by the house to give better frost protection (its still -3 as I write). But I do let them free range while I am out with them.
    Keep well everyone.

dianaT likes this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning All, Just going into town so I will post later but I hope you have a good day.

6. dianaT

@Nigalius hope your reflux settled down now, best not to stop your medication unless told to, even if you feel that for one day you do not need it. Hope it is all settled down again, and remember no over eating and no late meals :nono: (End of lecture :lol:)

TomsMum likes this.
  7. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

The late night meals have stopped for some while now. If I really want something late night it would be a Vanilla Complan. Its still not totally settled down but is much much better and I can drink liquids again. I spent 2 days in hospital due to the same thing just over a year ago. They were concerned about dehydration and that I could not take my medications. But its all good now.

dianaT likes this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

Nigel I was expecting you to reply "Yes Mummy"
    :risas3::risas3::risas3:

Nigalius likes this.
  9. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Hi all, I got up a bit late this morning. I think it is due to all the really early mornings going to hospital this week and it has crept up on me. I got my new mouth splints yesterday and am happy to have them back. Little bit sore but that's normal until I get use to them again. My others broke and my doctor said "Next time one breaks you need to come in straight away to make a new one" I did have three but when each one broke I didn't get a new one made. I have learnt my lesson.
    People in the hospital kept having a go at the poor receptionists and nurses. It wasn't their fault. A few of the doctor's had been called into A+E so they were short of doctor's. They really do theor absaloute best.
    My Princess Mia has been practicing her vocabulary all morning. First it was "Peek-a-boo" (with actions included), then it was "Heellllooooo" (long winded hello lol) and "What ya doin" all on repeat lol.
    Bernie is now starting to talk as well. I haven't even been trying to get her to talk. She has seen my others talk and now she wants to join in. At least they are all happy that's the main thing.

10. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Glad to hear you have your splints sorted out @JessCheekyMia

Chiko is very Happy this afternoon....in Northern Parrots Sale they had the Groovy Dancer block toy reduced, so he has his favourite sort of toy to demolish...and also grain bake cooking in the oven.

dianaT and JessCheekyMia like this.
  11. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

12. dianaT

I just read that too Jess.

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  13. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

That just broke my heart reading that, how devastating.
    Someone local to here has shot two pet cats dead.

14. Michael Reynolds

There is no excuse for killing cats and the case of the Macaw being shot brought tears to my eyes, I have a good relationship with all the farmers around the area but I have to phone them to let them know I am training my birds, they will tell me if they have people on there land keeping control of rodents Ect and also if drones or land has been worked or recently sprayed. I wold not take them to a farm that I have not checked with the farmer, I hope they will change the laws in Belgium.

JessCheekyMia and Nigalius like this.