1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Paints For Parrots

Discussion in 'Home and Environmental Hazards' started by Jamie1989, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Jamie1989

Jamie1989 Registered

Hi, I have a Green Cheek Conure and am looking to decorate the room he is in, I know to look for non - VOC paints and have found a company called Lakeland Paints. Has anyone had any experience before with using Lakeland Paints around their birds?

TIA

Jen Bell likes this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello and welcome to this great site. There has been a few threads that have been on this site that disgust the use of pains that a parrot safe @TomsMum can you help? point to some posts.

TomsMum likes this.
  3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

There are a couple of threads with recommendations for Lakeland Paints

https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/decorating-help.24721/#post-403693

https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/paint.19531/page-2#post-301613

Their product is very good, but with a budget to match!

As there has been general improvements in the domestic paint market, and a lowering of the levels of VOCs that are allowable in domestic products, then manny people tend to use the very low VOC paints such as Crown Breatheasy, keeping there birds away from the area being painted and ensuring very good ventilation.

I guess choice depends on your budget and if you can move your lovely conure to a safe room whilst carrying out your works.

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: from me too.

5. Jamie1989

Jamie1989 Registered

Thanks guys!

TomsMum likes this.
  6. Jen Bell

Jen Bell Regular Member Registered

Ooo I’m glad I come across your post as I plan on some deco towards the end of August! Let me know what choice you make!!