1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad To Say My Needs To Rehome Her grey

Discussion in 'Rehoming' started by Twitch thompson, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Twitch thompson

Twitch thompson Regular Member Registered

Very sad to have to do this but my mum has to rehome her grey I have him at the moment but I don’t have the time he needs I came on here I think just before Xmas asking for help with him ,and he has got a lot better at mine with people but I don’t have the time to spend with him as he needs so with a heavy heart I have to rehome him , needs to go to someone who can get his confidence back he does like to bite .

Wakizashi21 likes this.
  2. Wakizashi21

Wakizashi21 Regular Member

Hello, sorry to hear you are rehoming your parrot. You have come to the perfect place.

Do you have more information about location and are you looking to sell or rehome for free?

Is there no posibility you could keep him and give him a chance to change? There are some really useful tips on here to help them to stop biting.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  3. Wakizashi21

@Twitch thompson

4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi again...sorry that you feel you’re needing to rehome Harry, I looked up your previous posts and understand you are located in Dorset.

plumsmum and Wakizashi21 like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello again well I am sorry that you are having to rehome him. unfortunately I have a full house and apart from emergencies I am not able to help as much as I would love too. I am sure a member may be able to assist and find a great home amongst us.

6. Chigwell Ben

Chigwell Ben Regular Member

dianaT likes this.
  7. marley

marley Regular Member

If you want to pm me your number I may be able to help with your bird

dianaT likes this.
  8. Twitch thompson

Morning , Harry has a very big personality he talks, sings , he is healthy love's playing with his toys but he has not been out of his his cage for a few years so does not like people touching it but I am slowly getting there will him when it coming to cleaning him out, but you have to watch him as he is very quick

9. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Morning @Twitch thompson it looks like we have tow members who may be able to help re Harry.

Twitch thompson and Wakizashi21 like this.
  10. Twitch thompson

11. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Best thing to do is to speak to each of those enquiring. Perhaps Admin @TomsMum can enable you to PM each other?

12. Twitch thompson

Hi , I work 2 jobs and I don't have the time he needs , to gain his conference, he was only going to stay with me for a bit but step dad as emphysema and has just been told he has leukaemia so they don't have the time to look after him , so I said I would find a forever home for him with someone who can love him .

13. Wakizashi21

Hopefully. I have a beautiful African Grey who i just adopted...you do have some options from two other members. Im happy to help out if required...short or long term. Im blessed with a spacious house and birdies have a room for theyr own....so whoever you decide to go with is fine. Pm me if you need anything further. Regards

Michael Reynolds and dianaT like this.
  14. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

15. Chigwell Ben

Chigwell Ben Regular Member

Hi @TomsMum yes we are all well thankyou. Been super busy recently and have had no time for anything but things have settled now. I have the capacity for another bird now which is nice

TomsMum likes this.
  16. Michael Reynolds

Yes its great to see you back

17. Twitch thompson

Thank you everyone for your help , Marley is going to have Harry for me and I know he is going to love it there living with anther grays, as he has never seen another parrots and I think it would be great for him to be able to talk tosomeone who understands him , also he will be getting all the love and attention he needs ,

18. marley

marley Regular Member

A long trip but back now and Harry is all settled in with his tea, he chatted and whistled all the way back so he obviously likes the car!

19. Michael Reynolds

I have never had a bird that did not like a car journey and I have never had to cover a bird but I always take a towel just in case. I know members have had birds that get travel sickness but most are placed so they can see out the window. I find they are so interested in all what is going on around them even the lights at night has never made any bird I have picked up frightened or sick. I am pleased he was happy in the journey.

Kendra likes this.
  20. marley

marley Regular Member

Quick update on this one, Harry is in fact Harriot and has settled in well, all her bloods are clear as expected and she will this weekend be introduced to Willow and Poppet the 2 greys who came in a couple of months back, she is currently in a temporary cage in front of their aviary getting used to group life and seems totally unfussed by the whole thing. Will try to get some pictures over to her past family and post a few here in case anyone wants to see them, I know you all hate photographs.......