Rob Harvey Eclectus Mix - Opinions??

Parkiboy

Registered
Hi, I am fully aware of the eclectus dietary requirements and adhere to them strictly, every morning he gets chop which is 80% fruit veg and sprouts and 20% pulses and grains. Then in the evening he gets a cooked meal or a salad with a small amount of seeds or a couple of nuts.

However I came across this which intrigued me, http://shop.robharvey.com/eclectus-natural-3872-p.asp

I am not looking at it to replace his currrent diet just to add another alternative to his meal lists to maybe offer once/twice a week. They say it is designed for eclectus with their different digestive tract in mind.

Just wondered what you opinions are?

Thanks

mostly sunflower seed. ingrediants are always listed in order of most of and looks like main ingrediant

Brushing over the sunflower part.....I would have thought it better to stick to the fresh fruit and veg, rather than this type of mix which has dehydrated them.

It does not look like a heavily laden sunflower mix to me. With the number of ingredients it is likely that there is a pretty even spread of components. If you are talking about feeding it once a week as a means to add interest to the diet then can't see what harm it will do. It is a different texture if nothing else. Do they send samples or small bags to try?

Back
Top Bottom