1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ringneck Twitching Wings

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by Siba, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Siba

Siba Regular Member

I just looked over at my parrot sleeping and he's repeatedly twitching his wings, is this normal behaviour? I know that he's just come out of a good molt but it has been about 2 weeks since he's grown all his feathers in again. His tail feathers are still growing though, am I freaked out for no reason? I've linked a video of it here:

https://imgur.com/a/60VbExH

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Like you and I do when we are a sleep we dream. this is what your bird is doing and there is nothing to worry about. Some birds will twitch often like some humans and others will not it is not a sign of bad health but of an intelligent mind. How I will love too know the dreams they have.

Siba likes this.
  3. Siba

Siba Regular Member

Thank you for the reply, he went back to normal the next day so I was being kind of silly with my panic.

4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Its be more silly if you did not ask the question and worried that there was something wrong. we are all here to help each other with our experience's and by asking the question you may of helped other owners whom may of been worried about the same thing happening to there bird whilst asleep. @Siba that was a good question thank you