ringneck not friendly all of a sudden

niamhandori

Hiro my indian ringneck has gone quick backwards in friendliness.
He used to be alright stepping up to me and i could give him kisses. This week and a half he’s been very different.
Not really wanting to be with me. he used to fall asleep on me and he would always sit with me. this week he won’t step up without millet and takes a while to do it. i’m not sure what’s happened. is this normal for ringnecks? it’s very disheartening since he won’t come near me anymore. i still love him of course but it’s a shame and i’m not sure what i’m doing wrong or if it’s normal. what should i be doing?

JessCheekyMia

The thing with owning parrots is that it feels like you are on a rollercoaster. You get ups and downs constantly. The more you focus on the downs it can reflect the way you are with you bird. Just go with it at his pace and if he gives you the cold shoulder just leave him be and wait until he is ready to want affection from you.
Just sit and read a book close by and he may want to have a look at what your doing 😊x

niamhandori

Just a suggestion maybe step back for a bit, perhaps you have been too full on for him?
yeah i wondered if it was the opposite problem. i’ve been spending a lot of time with Emi my conure and less time with him so i wondered if that’s done anything

Top Bottom