1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ringneck Breeders

Discussion in 'Breeding And Babies' started by Leanne horne, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Leanne horne

Leanne horne Registered

Hi,
    I am looking for a Ringneck breeder who hand rears their babies so my new babies have a good start for me to continue their life training.
    I am on the Devon and Cornwall border, but am happy to travel for the right breeder and birds. Anyone got any pointers?

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi Leanne and :welcome: to the forum

@Leanne horne
    I don't know if you saw the post our member Stinkie made in reply to you in the chat Box?
    "Sign of the owl have hand reared ringnecks sometimes"

They are based in Ugborough near Ivybridge

3. Leanne horne

Leanne horne Registered

No I didn't. But thankyou very much. I will have a look. I am very greatful.

TomsMum likes this.
  4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Please make sure the breeder dose not clip the wings. if a ringneck is hand reared it will not be frightened of humans

Leanne horne likes this.
  5. Stinkie

Stinkie Regular Member

Oh I missed this thread, yeah I got my bird from them and they usually have plenty of birds at this time of the year. They have a little nursery room full of baby birds and even baby owls! I would definitely contact them and tell ask them to let you know when they get some ringnecks. When I met Stinkie as a baby they were happy to let me visit him every week until I could bring him home. They have a facebook page and are easily reachable.

Good luck finding your birds :)

Leanne horne and TomsMum like this.
  6. Leanne horne

Leanne horne Registered

Thankyou. I shall get in touch with them. Thankyou ever so much.

7. Leanne horne

Leanne horne Registered

Thankyou and I shall. It is very important to me that the birds I get have had a good start and treated well so they are mentally stable.
    I will keep you posted.

8. Leanne horne

Leanne horne Registered

I have been and visited the 'Sign of the owl' and the hen is sitting on eggs at mo. Fingers crossed they hatch!!!!

Stinkie, TomsMum and Michael Reynolds like this.
  9. Leanne horne

Leanne horne Registered

Hi everyone. Thought I would give an update.....Well it looks like the sign of the owl may fail me. I have either been in or rang every week for the past month and though I have repeated my need, it seems I did not convince the owner that I was serious......last time I rang he gave me the impression that he had sold one and by his tone he was only going to have 2......but you never know. Bit disappointed. But hey.
    So....I am thinking of a different path.....I have noticed on my search for baby ringnecks that there are some others that people are wanting to rehome. I firstly feel a little sorry for these birds as their current owner didnt think through the purchasing in my mind. But how will two who have never met get on? Will I be able to end up with them in the cage together when I am not with them? As this is what I would wish.
    Any ideas? Or shall I hold out? Buy aviary bred babies and go through the taming process? It does concern me that they won't be as tame though. Thoughts much appreciated