Remembrance Sunday 10th November 2019

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning all
As am a Yorkshire Lass will start with ….. Eeee-by-gum tis chilly this morn thas gonna need tha coat on!
Clear sky stars are lovely and bright and its a frosty scrape your windows on the car morning. Proper first frost.
Already been down the local Haven to see what the water levels are to see if we are going to be flooded high tide locally is due at 4.44am but we're dropping away from the 2mtr flood mark and it should be down 0.3mtr from last high tide which is good :)
For those that are pondering the change of my avatar to a purple poppy its in remembrance of the animals that served in war around the world.
Oh and why up so early …. the numpty that decided to let fireworks off in the early hours of this morning …. your a :mad: …. oooo can't write those words on forum …. let your imaginations run wild peeps!
Well whatever your all up to this morning stay safe and if you can … relax with your birdies/

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone and bright but cold one here.

I seem to have mislaid (thrown away quite likely) the key to the Dairy, luckily hubby has a spare on on his bunch of keys, so later on I may venture out to Timpsons to get a couple of keys cut.

Yesterday evening Tommy was sitting on my knee and I was tickling his head feathers, hubby comes & stand close by starts talking and waving hands around and Tom bit my finger quite hard right on the top joint. Needless to say it was hubbys fault.
Oh well luckily like all of us, I do have a supply of plasters.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

A lovely day here, just been listening to the Remembrance day on radio4, and will be going to the village Armistice day ceremony tomorrow morning, (it's afforded a bank holiday here).
Yesterday was wonderful in that we had around 200 migrating cranes fly over, but stop to rest their wings and circle around on the thermals that rise from our clearing. After about 5 minutes they reformed into their skeins and continued their flight. Such a sight is very emotional.
I then planted the rest of the bulbs so that they will naturalise on the grassy bank.
Hope nobody suffered the effects of the recent floods. Keep warm and we'll.

Ararajuba

Nice pictures, @DizzyBlue. I should really get a decent zoom lens for the wife's Nikon so we can get some better pictures of the wildlife here (including the many rather shy wild parrots we see). Can't really justify the price of expensive photo gear with a new house and two babies though! (There's a massive tariff on imported "luxury goods here too, which doesn't help!)

dianaT

Staff member
Anyone been watching David Attenborough Prog just now - they showed flocks of Macaws visiting a clay lick plus their wonderful flying skills. It made me feel very sad that we keep our parrots in cages/aviaries etc. To see them flying free and their agility was just wonderful.
I know we all do our very best, but humans have a lot to answer for.:crybaby2:

Ararajuba

@DizzyBlue - well, it would really be more for me if we did get a fancy zoom lens, as I'm more interested in taking wildlife pictures overall, and also have more frequent opportunities at present due to doing things like walking the dog in the wilderness, and not having a little mummy's girl (much more so than her sister at that age) baby attached pretty much all day!

Top Bottom