1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Eared Turtle Needing A New Home

Discussion in 'Rehoming' started by Michael Reynolds, May 16, 2018.

1. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Red eared turtle is needing a new home. I have been asked if I can find a home for this Hand sized turtle. It is used to an out side pool but is currently living in a temporary pool indoors. he is not slow when moving. the turtle is in Kent. if you can offer a home them PM me so I can pass you details. The reason he is looking for a home is that he had a few in his pond but they got stolen and he is not happy to leave this one the only one they missed, out side his home.

2. Michael Reynolds

I am going to the gentleman's place on Friday and I will take a photo. I know nothing about them and I do not have a pond.

3. marley

marley Regular Member

Please remind the chap that these are a banned invasive species, they do untold damage to wildlife and it is illegal to release it into the wild, maybe a good reptile shop would be the best route?

In a park local to me there were dozens of them presumably dumped after the ninja turtles craze, they ate all the fish, frogs newts and then started on the ducklings, eventually the council had to get pest control people out to clear them.

4. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I heard that too @marley from the sea life centre I go too.

5. Michael Reynolds

I know nothing about turtles myself I will be picking up a couple of young tiels from him tomorrow and meeting his Grey. Apparently his grey has stopped talking since the tiels arrived I will find out more tomorrow on what his knowledge is. As far as I know he only had turtles in the pond

6. Ianmills

Ianmills Registered

Hello Michael it's Ian and Karen , we was wondering if there is any progress in the paperwork for Harry ,we are all set up now if you would like to come and have a look please get in touch with Ian and he will come and collect you many thanks Karen

7. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

Thank you Diana I will phone them shortly