1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting Of Photos

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Nigalius, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I am wondering, has anything changed in the posting of photos on the forum? I used to simply drag and drop onto the text area in the forum with all photos being about 450kB in size. But now when I do this I get the message that the file is too long or big and I cant get any photos up using that method. I have now had to revert back to using Photobucket which I absolutely detest. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Dunno..... I always do it via the upload a file button, which I can then select the piccie from my iCloud Photo Library. If the pics are too big I just email myself the piccie, as you can then select a lower resolution /file size and then just save the email copy one back to the photo library.

Will tag @Bob see if he knows of anything that has changed.

3. Nigalius

Thanks @TomsMum I always like to make my pics 800 long side if poss and the file size around 450kB. I was wondering if the maximum file size is down a bit now. I am not too bothered about it, just wondered really. I can adjust sizes easily in GIMP.

4. Bob

Bob Bird Whisperer Staff Member Admin

The maximum size is still just over 2mb with no restriction on the dimension so not really sure why they won't upload Nigel, just tried drag and drop with a 1.6mb file and it worked for me :thinking:

5. Nigalius

I just tried again @Bob and still the same result.

The message reads..... 'The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it'.

I will try another method cos Photoshop is getting worse. I put a photo up and after a few days it simply disappears.

I'll try something else now. I will also try on my Widows PC next time I am on that. The file that I am testing with is a JPG of 457.9kB

6. Nigalius

7. Nigalius

Hi @Bob

It looks like I will be using IMGUR for my photo hosting from now on. Unless you have better suggestions.

Please can my Photo of the Pheasant and the link above be deleted? It was only me trying different image hosting sites out.

Thanks. Nigel

8. Nigalius

Attached Files:

9. Nigalius

Re my problems of drag and drop a photo on to the forum I am on Windows computer here and it worked fine. So it looks as if the problem lies within my Linux PC.

I am still going to use Imgur for photo hosting from now on.

@Admin or whoever, if you feel that any of the post I have made in this subject need be deleted please go ahead. I cant delete them from here. I did not know where else to do my testing

Thanks.

10. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

It’s fine Nigel...have deleted your pheasant pic as requested