1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Foraging/chewing ?

Discussion in 'Parrot Entertainment' started by Kendra, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

If one looks closely it is made or corrugated cardboard, treats could be hidden in or attached, what does everyone thing?

[​IMG]

2. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

That looks cool. I will ask @RoyJess, is this ok to use as I don't know lol.

Kendra likes this.
  3. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Do they mention anything about catnip @Kendra? I do look at these and some do mention it.

TomsMum and Kendra like this.
  4. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

The above one is only an example as it showed the corrugation close up, some contain catnip, some do not. I have been seeking further anti parrot contents in the glues, nothing so far.

The scratching pads would be a more suitable shape but would like to hear peoples comments as to possible dangers.

5. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

It looks like I have joined the 'have a hormonal parrot' set. New for me, Plum never been this well before.

I have looked at these in pet shops but seen catnip and run away and go look in the furries section LOL. Is the glue in these any worse than a cardboard box, not sure?

Kendra likes this.
  6. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

I personally would just make your own foraging toys, just take a look at what you throw away everyday in your recycling bin, and it's all free ;)

gemma bradbury and Kendra like this.
  7. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Only thing I am likely to be throwing in my recycling bin today is a CAG.

I had thought it may be easy to make one as I have a huge roll of corrugated card, but it will be fiddly.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    plumsmum likes this.
  8. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

@plumsmum I have seen some that come with a sachet of catnip, shows in the photo separate, so that may be OK

plumsmum likes this.
  9. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

If you do that Kendra you wont have a recycling bin left after his chewed it

Kendra likes this.
  10. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

At the moment he is working his way through my only radio

11. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

It might be that he may not like your taste in music :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Michael Reynolds and Kendra like this.
  12. Michael Reynolds

Love it but if he id not like the taste of her music he would not be eating it. Kendra dose this mean you can tell if he gets turned on as he will make music

Kendra likes this.
  13. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Dusky not a musical bird really, but does love a big band tune, I have turned myself inside out trying to name if so I could buy the CD, I even hummed it for you lot but no one came forward with identification.

14. Michael Reynolds

May be he loves Glen miller and "In the mood" but all depends on what mood he is in.

TomsMum, Kendra and plumsmum like this.