Pizza Pans

MancFrost

Registered
Hey everyone,
I do love my pizzas, has anyone got a favourite pan they use? I’ve seen Pizzas stones but I thought there must be a PFOA and PTFA free metal one that’s half decent.
Thank you in advance.
M

MancFrost

Registered
I’ve seen one or two PTFA PFOA free on Amazon but the negative side of me doesn’t trust them completely. Maybe it’s just me justifying a pizza stone 🤓
They’re only £30 and definitely worth the peace of mind. I’ve not found anywhere that says anything about toxic materials in them and there’s no coating on the one I’m looking at.

Ararajuba

We used to use a cast iron one, similar to a griddle, on which we could cook large flat round pizzas - it made them very nicely and didn't stick too much. However, it is thick and extremely heavy (hard for the wife to manage, though it tends to be me who makes pizzas from scratch round here, she only likes to eat them), and it also likes to rust instantly when anyone looks at it the wrong way, so maintaining it in decent condition is a lot of trouble, requiring regular scourings with wire wool to get the rust off, and drying quickly and applying oil before it gets the chance to come back. It's been out in the barbecue house for a while, so is probably completely orange by now and will take about half a day of de-rusting to be usable again..

Lately we have just been using big stainless steel oven trays, which do a fine job and are easier to manage (though perhaps better for cooking thicker crust pizzas than very thin ones, which will fall apart when you try to take them out). Not really much tendency to stick, unless you fail to oil them first.

dianaT

Staff member
As mentioned above - how about researching a cast iron Welsh cake baking stone? I've got one somewhere in the barn but it's likely rusted by now.
Have a look on Amazon.

Top Bottom