Photobucket

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I have just spent ages trying to download the few pictures I wish to keep and every chuffing time says I can't so much for telling me I can!!
Anyways have what I want now and have deleted my Bucket account after emptying it by deleting everything. Apparently account won't go until the 21st but it's got nothing in it anyways! Dare say I just messed up all the pictures in the non-parrot media section where Bob and I have posted pictures of all the places we went too etc but dare say once seen and shared no longer relevant anyways :)
So if there are loads of posts on site where you wish to see the original photo which will have either a broken link now or a blank spot please shout out and I will upload them.
Photobucket has stopped me being able to view anybody's links to pictures would seem unless you pay nobody can see them anyways! Besides that it freezes my laptop and I get fed up with all the adverts jumping around all over the place on screen ruddy annoying.

p.s. If anybody finds my dummy I just spat out please wash it and post it back :) xx

I feel your pain. I've a nice little video of the ducks I was going to pop on via photo bucket,, alas not to be and not feeling sufficiently motivated to go hunt down an alternate host site at the moment

Honestly, Imgur is so much better. You can set up an account and that keeps all your pictures in a gallery, or you can just click on 'new post' and then it's drag and drop. Once it's processed you get a series of direct links to the picture depending on what you want to do, for instance there is one to link directly to a forum board that has the [img/] [/img] or whatever it is already included, so you can copy/paste that into the forum and it shows :) Probably making it sound harder than it is, try it out and see if you like it :) Do not click on 'share with the community' though!

For those still using Photobucket or would like to view sites that still showing the blocked photo ransom image, I hope the following is of help

"For users who are affected by this, it is important to note that the images are not gone. They are still hosted on Photobucket, and you can actually load them right then and there by right-clicking on them and selecting "open image in new tab" or "open link in new tab" depending on the web browser that you are using. This opens the Photobucket website where the original image is displayed.

There are plugins for Chrome and Firefox to circumvent the Photobucket restriction.

If you install it in your browser, you should be able to see again the pictures that were blocked when Photobucket made its 'changes'.

The links to the plugins are -

Firefox: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

Chrome: chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jjgj?hl=en

I use Chrome and have installed the add-on.

Don't know if this will last. But at least is good to read old threads again.

This fix doesn't mess with your account, it doesn't require any login or password.

Only those people that install this fix in their browsers will be able to see the blocked images.

There is another Photobucket workaround which I don't advocate, as you will be in breach of the Photobucket T&C's and could be classified as stealing/theft. If you get caught, you may have your Photobucket account suspended, losing all your photos as well as may lead to prosecution. The following Photobucket work around currently works at time of post. Edit your posts and add the following posted below to your URL/BBcode

~original

Please note that spaces have been added to prevent embedding on the examples

Before

[ img]http: //i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/royjess/509c893f-744c-4149-97bf-2826956b20e8_zpsb858453b.jpg[ /img]

Now by adding ~original

[ img]http: //i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/royjess/509c893f-744c-4149-97bf-2826956b20e8_zpsb858453b.jpg~original[ /img]

In all honesty, rather than editing the URLs to the Photobucket workaround, you'd be much better spending time re-uploading the pictures to another provider. The more such a workaround is published, the more likely it is that said workaround will stop. I really can't see it sticking around for all that long!

However the workaround could be a quick temporary solution until you find more time to reinstate all your photos to another provider (again I don't advocate using the Photobucket work around)

Some alternative photo hosting sites that I'm currently using

I'm using the following hosting sites

cubeupload.com/ No need to sign up
vgy.me/ again no need to sign up
www.google.com/photos/about/ will need to use a BBcode generator ctrlq.org/google/photos/
imgur.com/
www.flickr.com/
Facebook, create an album on Facebook, you can set the setting to private only if you wish. Up load pics to the album. Click on the chosen photo and right click and copy the URL. Take the URL from your album and not your timeline, otherwise your pic link won't work after time.

Back
Top Bottom