Photobucket Getting Slower

Nigalius

Madras
I am looking for someone else that uses Photobucket. I have often found that this programme takes much longer to get on the screen than any other on my PC. Then getting the photos up takes longer as well. I would like to find out if this is normal or is it perhaps a problem on my computer that I will have to look at?

Re my last msg, I just conducted a little experiment.

I just typed 'The quick brown fox blah blah blah' first with just one tab on my browser and it typed and on the screen as normal, instantly. But... I opened a 2nd tab, loaded Photobucket and typed those same words again back in the first tab and when I had finished typing a lot of the words were still coming up on the screen. Its like Photobucket seems to slow down the computer. I have checked my computer and download speed is fine, its just that its wierd behaviour.

Perhaps I should also add that I am using Win 10, 64bit with an SSD drive (not ideal I know) and I would have thought access to PB would have been fast just like all other progs that I go to.

Agree Nigel - Photobucket is getting slower and slower. Gave up trying to upload videos. I think it's because it's so jam packed with crappy adverts nowadays and windows within windows keep opening. I'm on a PC too and Windows 10. It's even slower on my laptop.

I think it's Photobucket
I rarely use it on the laptop as it just slows everything
But I've got Photobucket app on my phone and that is much faster, not buggy at all

Photobucket is a pain in the back side. Bob has found a new host and been using that. He has said he will open me a hosting account on there .... still waiting pmsl
Apparently its free
@Bob who is it your using now?

I think it's Photobucket
I rarely use it on the laptop as it just slows everything
But I've got Photobucket app on my phone and that is much faster, not buggy at all

mmmmm, 2 very interesting and useful posts. I was wondering if it was PB or actually my computer.

@Heather2131 I was interested in what you said about it 'slows everything' that is exactly what I find. I even installed CC Cleaner yesterday to try and find the problem and changed my anti virus from AVG to Avast.

I'm also interested that you say it works much better on your phone. I will install it on my Android tablet and give it a go.

Photobucket is a pain in the back side. Bob has found a new host and been using that. He has said he will open me a hosting account on there .... still waiting pmsl
Apparently its free
@Bob who is it your using now?

I did not know there was another proggy similar. I'm going out later but when I get back I will look around the net and see if I can find another host. I have heard the word 'Photobox'. Is that something similar or completely different.

That looks a good proggy @Bob and will sign up during today. The photos are brilliant too. Your camera is better than mine and it shows. I took a look at the EXIF data and noted that on at least one photo you had an ISO reading of 4000. Is that right as I could not even see any noise in that photo.

I think I will take a look at Flickr now.

Reactions: Bob
It looks like I am signed to Flickr and there is a lot in it. I can browse through the various features in time.

Just to start me off on the basics could you tell me when a photo is on my PC what do I click to get it in flickr, can I create various albums and how do I get a photo from flickr to the forum.

I was up early this morning and although not very tired I wanna get another hour in the horizontal position. I will look through it more later.

Thanks.

See you are getting the hang of it Nigel :thumbsup:
That looks a good proggy @Bob and will sign up during today. The photos are brilliant too. Your camera is better than mine and it shows. I took a look at the EXIF data and noted that on at least one photo you had an ISO reading of 4000. Is that right as I could not even see any noise in that photo.

I think I will take a look at Flickr now.
I'm just learning by experimenting Nigel, started in A mode but now using other modes and altering a few settings, all trial and error lol

It's the adverts that slows the site down, they are over kill. Since the photobucket change in terms and condition, you probably not using photobucket now, but just in-case or you find other site adverts slowing your browser down, you can block the adverts with an ad blocker

This is the one that I'm currently using ABP

https://adblockplus.org/

All that I can say is that browsing the internet on certain sites including ebay and photobucket has become faster, no more adverts, pop-ups slowing me down. And no more pre-adverts to watch when viewing youtube videos.

Back
Top Bottom