Photo Competition, Have Your Vote!

What would you guys think of a photo competition where you upload a photo of your parrot with the chosen theme for that week or fortnight, such as parrots and the weather/season, so you'd take a picture (or use an old one) of your birds... Watching the rain / enjoying the sun / next to a flower etc.

The photo with the most likes wins, and that member gets to choose the next theme!
Everyone gets up to 2 votes(?)
Anyone can vote, you don't need to upload a photo to be able to vote.

What do you guys think? Any rules or adjustments?
If anyone struggles to upload a photo because of the file size they can email me or facebook me and I will reduce the file size and email it back or upload it straight onto the forum

Just an idea if anyone's up for it, may not get many entries, but could give it a go

Nigalius

Madras
I will defo take part but I took a look among the 'Birds 'folder in my photos and also the parrots folder as well and I only have a handful of pictures that could be connected to Seasons/weather etc. Perhaps if you included other birds other than parrots, like all the wild birds that would give more scope? and more or less just a bird outside doing what it likes doing (not seagulls) haha, but yes, a good idea for sure.

Great! Would anyone like to do the seasons/weather one, or we could start off with a different theme/topic (I can't think of the right word but you get what I mean haha)
I'm easy if anyone wants to start off and/or come up with a new theme

We shall start tomorrow?

TomsMum

Administrator
Admin
Yes @Heather2131 go for it...
I’m sure we could all do with piccies to cheer us up in this weather......
Shall we go for all birds as that will give people a wider scope?????? especially as we have the caption comp for just parrots.
Or vary whether it’s just parrots or all feathereds depending on the topic?.

Go for it :thumbsup:

Nigalius

Madras
I will look forward to taking part. I hope we can put all birds and how about a winter one to start? I think I have a suitable winter pic involving a wild bird.

Of course, all birdies, I love them all!

I'll have to upload a snowy picture of the birds most of you will have already seen though haha, unless I can get another one this afternoon

Remember!! Liking a photo is you voting for that photo to win! And you can like 1 or 2 photos but that is all.
Photo with the most likes/votes wins... And that person can choose the next theme.

So have a go at getting a picture over the next week or if you already have one, upload it!
Anyone need help uploading file size, let me know

Nigalius

Madras
Remember!! Liking a photo is you voting for that photo to win! And you can like 1 or 2 photos but that is all.
Photo with the most likes/votes wins... And that person can choose the next theme.
@Heather2131 I have thought of 2 things, I guess the thing will run for a week each time and it will need bumping up to the top now and again.

The other thing is different people will post their photos at different times. So you cant like something right until the end incase there is a late entry. Then it might be that those that put in early entries wont be on the forum when the voting has to be done. Just a thought, would a poll be better than a vote? Perhaps not.

People can wait if they prefer or if they want to change their vote that's fine, also you get two votes!

Should we have one entry per person? or upload a few photos?
I'd start it off now but I'm not sure whether to upload an existing one or try and take a new one
Why don't you upload your photo Nigel, get the ball rolling

Top Bottom