Parrot update!

Lauraj

Registered
Good evening all, just thought i would post with a quick update on Bo!

Bo is 7 months old on Friday and has been with us 7 weeks this weekend, but it feels like a lifetime haha!
He is brilliant and one of the best decisions i have ever made although a lot of work. He seems to have settled into our work routine well and knows if the radio is on we aren't home but when we get back he gets so giddy his chest feathers shake and he comes straight out, my mum comes to see both birds when im working an early shift so they don't do a full day alone without seeing anyone.

He eats harrisons pellets and loves his fruit/veg, he picks and choses daily which he likes more but on average goes for brocolli and peppers and loves raspberries and pomegranate seeds! These get eaten first out of his bowl. His favourite toys are just anything that he can destroy and out of all the foraging toys we bought he would rather have an egg box full of shredded paper and some goodies!

He steps up and down with ease and will go to me, my boyfriend and my parents. Seems to prefer men at this moment in time but was hand reared by a male so assuming this could be why, although he is happy to be cuddled by anybody! When he is out of the cage he dips his head for a tickle and after he is finished with you will make a 'mwah sound and say kiss before running away before he lets you plant one on him haha!
He has started to allow us to touch his feet more, although he's a bit curious when we lift them up but we are working on it!

He whistles non stop! Always making sounds and loves to shout 'Laura' when i leave the room, he says good morning and hello, asks what you're doing and likes to say 'cute cute' (my fault for calling him a cute boy :lol:) makes kissing noises and his favourite is to copy my laugh, especially when he does something he knows he shouldn't such as trying to get the wallpaper, he watches us and laughs! He is also obsessed with ears and loves to nibble them which doesn't hurt but isn't what you are used to feeling haha.

On a good note his wing feathers are coming back through, very happy about this as i can't wait for the little guy to be able to fly. He's also lost two tail feathers so assuming that a mould may be starting? He has started to show some interest in my little bird but doesn't go near his cage, just watches from my arm or the chair! Little bird is brilliant and doesn't pay any attention to Bo at all, like a spoilt first child haha.

Just wanted to update everybody as you have all been brilliant since we have brought Bo home and you have helped with many of my questions and concerns, so thank you for your help and i will post more pictures of the boys in the morning!

kenoshitzu

Registered
Good evening all, just thought i would post with a quick update on Bo!

Bo is 7 months old on Friday and has been with us 7 weeks this weekend, but it feels like a lifetime haha!
He is brilliant and one of the best decisions i have ever made although a lot of work. He seems to have settled into our work routine well and knows if the radio is on we aren't home but when we get back he gets so giddy his chest feathers shake and he comes straight out, my mum comes to see both birds when im working an early shift so they don't do a full day alone without seeing anyone.

He eats harrisons pellets and loves his fruit/veg, he picks and choses daily which he likes more but on average goes for brocolli and peppers and loves raspberries and pomegranate seeds! These get eaten first out of his bowl. His favourite toys are just anything that he can destroy and out of all the foraging toys we bought he would rather have an egg box full of shredded paper and some goodies!

He steps up and down with ease and will go to me, my boyfriend and my parents. Seems to prefer men at this moment in time but was hand reared by a male so assuming this could be why, although he is happy to be cuddled by anybody! When he is out of the cage he dips his head for a tickle and after he is finished with you will make a 'mwah sound and say kiss before running away before he lets you plant one on him haha!
He has started to allow us to touch his feet more, although he's a bit curious when we lift them up but we are working on it!

He whistles non stop! Always making sounds and loves to shout 'Laura' when i leave the room, he says good morning and hello, asks what you're doing and likes to say 'cute cute' (my fault for calling him a cute boy :lol:) makes kissing noises and his favourite is to copy my laugh, especially when he does something he knows he shouldn't such as trying to get the wallpaper, he watches us and laughs! He is also obsessed with ears and loves to nibble them which doesn't hurt but isn't what you are used to feeling haha.

On a good note his wing feathers are coming back through, very happy about this as i can't wait for the little guy to be able to fly. He's also lost two tail feathers so assuming that a mould may be starting? He has started to show some interest in my little bird but doesn't go near his cage, just watches from my arm or the chair! Little bird is brilliant and doesn't pay any attention to Bo at all, like a spoilt first child haha.

Just wanted to update everybody as you have all been brilliant since we have brought Bo home and you have helped with many of my questions and concerns, so thank you for your help and i will post more pictures of the boys in the morning!
Hi Laura, I loved reading your update and I simply am envious of you as I cant wait to have my little one (not due until March which seems an eternity !!!) Anyway I bet Bo gives you a lot of pleasure. I was laughing to myself reading your update, and hope that mine will turn out to be like yours.
Best wishes Steve

Lauraj

Registered
Hi Laura, I loved reading your update and I simply am envious of you as I cant wait to have my little one (not due until March which seems an eternity !!!) Anyway I bet Bo gives you a lot of pleasure. I was laughing to myself reading your update, and hope that mine will turn out to be like yours.
Best wishes Steve
Thank you Steve!
It will be here before you know it and your life of chaos will begin. I do not own parrots, i am owned by them haha!
Bo certainly has brought pleasure, alongside chaos and noise 😂 no he is absolutely brilliant! I have a chair positioned in the middle of both bird cages because i am obsessed with both boys. When you get your baby he/she will take over your life in a fantastic way!

Thank you all for your replies!

Top Bottom