1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parrot Species From There Keepers Obsevations

Discussion in 'Suggestions And Feedback' started by Michael Reynolds, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I will love to have a section that new owners can see a species of parrot they may have or thinking of getting from the point of view than there keepers. I will post one on Sunday regarding the Ringneck Parakeet so you can see what I mean. the title must just have the common name of the species it can be very informative and help keepers understand there birds. @Bob @DizzyBlue @TomsMum @Stinkie @dianaT , what are your thoughts. I will do one a week on the birds I have kept and any one is welcome to the birds they have or have had and can include photos and have the birds name, at the moment we do not have a place that a member can refer to for there bird and this I think can become a popular part of the parrot club and the joining in of there owners

dianaT likes this.
  2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I’m not sure that I see a benefit, as there is much generic info about parrot types out on the web anyway. All birds are individuals and depending on whether they are sole companions, part of a small flock Ora large flock, indoors or out, then Behaviours are going to be different. Maybe I’m missing the point as not particularly clear thinking at present

3. Michael Reynolds

I am thinking more on the point of view of there keeper and there birds and it is that they can be so individual that I think the information will help others, we can all say the normal expected side of keeping birds like they do not bite or don't make loud noises or make a mess (in our dreams) but most bird will have there slight ways between them in each species, it will be easy if some one was looking to get say a Senegal, they can just be referred to the post Senegal parrot and see the experience our members have. this can become a good reference point and easy to find if they search for a particular species. Ok I may take time to start to build up a data base on species but in time many species can be referred to.

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like the idea in principal @Michael Reynolds . It would give members and new members an idea on our own experiences of different specie and save keep having to repeat what has already been replied to.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

the point also is there is nothing out there unless you join a sight dedicated to a particle species or group of species that has this type of personal experience with there birds of the species they have

6. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Already been done on this site @Michael Reynolds member Grey back in 2013 did a whole series of different species back they were never used and so got shoved over in to the Parrot Chatter folder
    If you wish to see all the fact sheets that the member did click this link https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?search/2057202/&q=fact+sheet&o=date&c[user][0]=1393 bless him he did 25 different fact sheets listing all the information but to be honest nobody really referred to them was really comprehensive with photo's etc too

7. Michael Reynolds

Ok thank you