1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parrot Shows 2017

Discussion in 'Parrot Shows / Events' started by TomsMum, Jan 30, 2017.

1. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

this list will be added to as and when dates get announced:

Do let us know if you know of others won't you?

Parrot Society Shows - held at Staffordshire Show Ground - details at http://www.theparrotsocietyuk.org/ps-uk-shows/psuk-show-information

Summer Show Sunday 2nd July 2017
    National Exhibition 8th October 2017
    ‘Help Bird Keepers’ Show 3rd December 2017

EMBBA http://www.embba.co.uk/ held at the Newark and Nottinghamshire Showground
    Sunday 9th April 2017 (re-arranged from 12 February due to proximity of avian flu restriction zone)

Warwickshire Cage Bird Sale held at Sports Connexion Ryton-on-Dunsmore
    30th April
    11th June
    17th September

Think Parrots Show -held at Kempton Park Racecourse - http://www.thinkparrots.co.uk/
    11th June 2017

Staffordshire Bird Show -Bingley Hall, Staffordshire Show Ground - http://www.staffordspringbirdshow.co.uk/
    5th March 2017

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Lou likes this.
  2. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

All in southern England. :asz:

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They always are Kendra never any down here either!

4. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Thought they would have been a little more spread out, but then southern English think that England stops at Birmingham, look at the millennium dome! Whoops, sorry @diana you are a southerner :lol:

5. TomsMum

Hehe.....you see to me both Stafford and definitely Newark are North...as they are north of Birmingham ......and I'm half and half.......London and Sheffield....I'm surprised that the Scottish arm of the Parrot Ociety don't organise something up there.

6. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

There is a national bird show at Stafford County Showground on 5th March which I believe normally included parrots Worth checking

THanks have included the details in the initial post - Tomsmum

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  7. dianaT

Well Kendra I'm down in West Wales !
    We did go to the Stafford show once from here buts its 5 hours drive each way and were cream crackered when we got home.
    Went several times years back when we were more involved with the PS & helped at the shows, stayed overnight in those days.

8. Parrot797

Parrot797 Regular Member

Stafford is NOT southern England !

9. dianaT

Lol! I guess when you are up in Scotland then anyway else is South!!! but no its not 'southern' England at all.

10. Kim

Kim Guest

The only show on that list that is southern England is Think Parrots at Kempton Park racecourse. All the rest are in the midlands. Loads of people come down from Scotland to Stafford, seen coaches put on from Birdclubs up there.

11. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Ok, so my geography is non too good, never liked the subject at school anyway, but to me south of Barnsley is south. Still think the millennium dome was in the wrong spot.

12. marley

marley Regular Member

If you want to pay the council taxes we have to in london you can have the dome, :lol:

Archibald's Slave and TomsMum like this.
  13. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Anything past Bristol is 'the north'

Parrot797 and TomsMum like this.
  14. TomsMum

:risas3::risas3:

Stinkie likes this.
  15. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Ah, but London people earn more to pay the higher rates, is it called 'weighting' ?, can't have it both ways!.

Well, unfortunately that is the general attitude of Southerners, more fool them.

16. dianaT

:risas3::risas3:Oh come on, when I lived in London anything past Watford was 'North' :risas3:
    Long standing joke was if you lived south of the Thames it was a different world north of it!!

Stinkie and Nigalius like this.
  17. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Anything South of Brighton is wet.

TomsMum and dianaT like this.
  18. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

Anywhere north of London is an improvement

Ararajuba and Nigalius like this.
  19. dianaT

20. Lou