Parrot Mama

Parrotmama

Registered
Hi hi. From sunny isle of Singapore though its rainy season now. Cold wet and gloomy.
Mama/slave to:
Clover (gwm), Baby (BNG), XL (CAG), Jenna (YNA), Dusky (dusky pionus), PT (white bellied caique), Jake (ruppell) and my latest.... GT (hawkhead parrot currently 7 weeks old IMG-20170712-WA0002.jpg

Welcome, Parrotmama! :welcome: We've got precisely the same weather here in Brazil at the moment - quite unpleasantly chilly when there is no way to heat the place, especially once it cools down at night! I've had to dig out all my old warm clothes from the back of the wardrobe over the last couple of weeks.

That's an interesting selection of parrots you have there - several of them are quite uncommon, so far as I know. I don't think there are any currently active members with pet Hawkheads, Duskies or Ruppell's. Are these species often kept in Singapore, or are they rare there too? I think everyone would like to see some more photos of your birds in any case - both the rare and the not-so-rare ones!

Congratulations on the new addition to your flock - how long have you had him for? GT is not quite how I would have expected a baby hawkhead to look! Does he have any green on his wings yet? He seems entirely dark in that picture, but it may just be the lighting. Member @pally has been very interested in hawkheads lately, by the way, so he will probably want to know how you are getting on with him.

I think member @shanlung is also from Singapore, but I could be wrong. He will probably be along to confirm or deny this at some point, now that I've tagged him!

I have recently been thinking about getting a pionus as our next bird, and started a thread to ask about people's experiences with pionus, particularly Duskies, as this is the species I find most intriguing and attractive. It would be nice to hear from someone who actually has one themselves, so if wou would like to add to what has already been said, you're more than welcome! Thread is here: https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/pondering-a-pionus.28656/

Last edited:
Hawkhead hawkhead hawkhead! Its ok im calm now ha!.a very big welcome from the caiques the galah and myself @Parrotmama .caiques and hawkheads all in one place!just my ultimate dream .

sometime its a dream to me when all at their best behaviour. sometime its a nightmare !!! i m having trouble uploading those rascals pics. i m not very good with all these hp or com thingy. dinosaur me.

:welcome: from me and my flock.
Lovely Hawkhead chick. Looking forward to hearing more from you also more photos too.:thumbsup:

:welcome: from us too! What a very cute little Hawkhead chick! :emoji_two_hearts:

Back
Top Bottom