1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parrot Behaviourist London

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by nigelparrot, Feb 14, 2015.

1. nigelparrot

nigelparrot Regular Member

Hi everybody and sorry for not contacting moderators/administrators before creating this topic. Unfortunately I couldn't find an option for PM, but if this topic is against theparrotclub's rule then please do no hesitate to delete it.

Let me tell you about myself a little bit as a short intro.

My name is Max Carey. I come from a different country and now live in the UK for about a year. I am a qualified avian vet with several years of experience of work in a zoo. Unfortunately, due to difficulties of recognition international diplomas I am still on the path of getting my degree approved in the UK. Apart from that I hold a degree in pet behaviour and pet nutrition.

My life is completely dedicated to birds, I am a member of a few bird societies and rescue organisations. During my years of practice I have had the opportunity to work with many different species of birds from tiny parrotlets to impressive african ostriches. I also have experience of breeding senegals, ringnecks, alexandrines, OW amazons and many other species of parrots. Me and my flock also are experienced free flyers and will be happy to share our experience.

To meet my flock please follow the link (here I was looking for a temporary home for my birds while we were looking for a new house) http://www.theparrotclub.co.uk/topic/12539-help-needed-london/

Right now I work with dogs cats and other animals as personal trainer/behaviourist. I do home visits and indoor/outdoor trainings. I am sure that some people would be interested in parrot taming/training and behavioural help since many people keep parrots but not everyone knows the best way to approach them.

I am currently working on my personal website to make it fully informative and let people to be able to leave references about my work.

Until this post is approved by administrators/moderators I will of course not leave my contact details.

Here is a few pictures of the birds I worked with (treating/taming/training etc) (the birds owners kindly let me to post the pictures).

I will be happy to answer any questions :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. nigelparrot

Here is a few more pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi Nigel I hope you and your partner got sorted with a new home last year and everything has worked out well.

May i ask what qualifications you do hold as an avian vet and from which country they were obtained? We do like to double check people before we allow them access to our members you can never be too careful in this day and age, no offence ment.

I will ask if Sam Kerr who is a vet known to members on here to have a look and double check them for us. like i say no offence ment xx

By the way lovely piccies :biggrin:   when you get to 10 posts you can pm message :)

Julie and nigelparrot like this.
  4. nigelparrot

Hi DizzyBlue

Sure, I am happy to share the info! No offence taken at all:)

I come from Russian Northern capital city Saint-Petersburg.

I graduated from St Petersburg State Academy of Veterinary Medicine as small animals veterinary surgeon. Apart from that I regularly attended courses and seminars dedicated to exotic animals and birds veterinary medicine/anaesthesiology, endoscopy, pulmonary system disorders etc. I worked at the city zoo as a vet. Also was a vet in a petting zoo and a visiting vet in a quarantine centre for exotic and small zoo animals.

In October 2013 I spoke at a veterinary conference organised by the Ukrainian Bird Society in Kiev with a report about Aspergillosis and the percentage of recovery cases in my patients.

Here is s'more interesting pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Julie, Michael Reynolds and DizzyBlue like this.
  5. mary

mary Regular Member

Hi I for one would not let someone come into my life and take it away

6. nigelparrot

Hi Mary sorry didn't quite get what you meant?

Thanks

7. Bob

Bob Bird Whisperer Staff Member Admin

Hi Nigel, sounds very interesting, and thanks for sharing the photos... 

8. nigelparrot

Thanks a lot, Bob:)

I will try to upload some videos

9. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Hi Nigel and welcome to the forum, love those photos and thank you for showing us.  

10. Chris and Isabelle

Chris and Isabelle Regular Member

Ohh more knowledge! This can only be good. Welcome nigel

11. nigelparrot

Hi Kendra & Chris and Isabelle and thank you ;)

12. Kasuku

Kasuku Regular Member

Hi Nigel so glad you found us. Do hope you stay around your knowledge will be invaluable to us.

Love the photos some amazing birds there.

Sue

13. shane12

shane12 Parrot Handyman Regular Member

hi Nigel  welcome ,nice pics ,how you finding our country hope its good for you.

bobbie likes this.
  14. Bradders

Bradders Parrot Power! Staff Member Moderator

Hello there and welcome to the forum. Some great pictures there, thanks for sharing.

15. Marshy

Marshy Regular Member

Hi Nigel :)

16. nigelparrot

Kasuku, Bradders & Marshy

Hi and thanks!

Shane12 hi and thanks. I love the UK and enjoy everyday day I live here. I was lucky to spend a lot of time around British people since I was very little. I have big plans for travelling around the country within next couple of years and hopefully will reach Scotland as well :D

image.jpg

17. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

hi well I am glad you are loving the uk and hope that you have settled in your new home.  Its so good to have people with a professional background that are interested in birds on this site and I am sure that your advice will be a great advantage to all parrot keepers.  I for one would love to pick your brains as you can see I have a varied and interesting flock.  they are from untamed to free flyers some are very tame but together they are my life and love.  Some are breeders and others too humanised and just love my company.  what are your plans for the future would you like to set up your own practice?  I would think that seeing what you have written that you have work in a zoo in the UK and that is what allowed you to reside in London.  I would love to meet you and even share my experience's with any of my flock members from past to present.  I do not have the qualifications but I do have a varied experience with  many parrots and birds that include their ways and wants.  We never stop learning about our birds and their ways but any one can get set into routines that may need to be altered for the birds to thrive better and for us to gain the most from learning about these wonderful creatures. Love the photos that you have posted and find them very interesting.  wishing you good luck and welcome to England.

18. Lou

Lou Regular Member

Hi Nigel and welcome! some stunning photos and your experiences sound wonderful, have you got any more pics of your beautiful flock, would love to see them again :)

19. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi Nigel :welcome:   from me and my flock too.

Looking forward to hearing lots more from you in due course :thumbsup:

Di

20. Sarah Hessell

Sarah Hessell Regular Member

Hi and welcome from me and mine to, am looking forward to hearing all about your flock and your experiences