1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Time

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by Yellowchickenparrot, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

So as I have had Luna from a baby she has learnt to fit in with my life style and children. She knows what to expect and seems super happy. I'm just checking that my out time set up is ok.
    Depending what's on during the day Luna can be out for a hour in the morning and a hour or two at the end of the day, she might be out inbetween everything going on and be out for 15/20min ten times a day or she could be in alday till I get home then out all evening. She always goes away for a treat and never seems bothered when she's out or how many times. If the sun's out I put her on the patio in her cage and other times she has a few hours in the aviary. As she knows no different and seems happy is this ok to carry on with?

dianaT likes this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Yes is the straight answer,

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yes, she’s happy and fine and in great condition, and has adapted that the routine could be different on different days....all good

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  4. Yellowchickenparrot

Few thanks, I'm glad I'm doing it all right.

5. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Sounds good to me hun. One good point of a mixed up routine is she hopefully won't be too fixated on it and therefore put out if it doesnt happen to schedule one day. If she is happy that she gets in her eyes enough then fabulous.

6. mama_hill

mama_hill Regular Member

If it ain't broke then don't fix it.
    There are days when she gets plenty of play time outside the cage and days when she gets not so much. She's aware of this and works with it.
    This is exactly why I've always been against setting up fixed routines for birds, because life simply isn't like that.

TomsMum and Yellowchickenparrot like this.
  7. Yellowchickenparrot

Thanks guys yes my thoughts about routines to mama_hill

mama_hill likes this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I will have to agree maima_hill, its nearly impossible for me to have set times as I never know what is happening from day to day or even at night, although a bird that is anxious I will try to keep to a routine its not always possible