Orange

When I give orange I either peel and give segments each or cut it in half then quarter and more if it's a large one and give them a piece each. Not every day maybe once or twice a week depending on what other fruits I am offering.

I feed orange about the same as you @Yellowchickenparrot but I also monitor other citrus fruits I give at the same time so if they have orange a couple of times I make sure I knock other things on the head. Alfie is very partial to a chunk of grapefruit so if he has a slice of grapefruit one week he can only have one slice of orange that week.
Its the amounts of citrus fruits you feed rather than just the one type of citrus fruit like an orange you need to keep an eye on its to do with iron uptake in a bird citrus fruits and some more than others can increase the amount of iron uptake in the body. And if a bird already has ISD (iron storage disease which is a pet bird issue rather than a wild bird issue) then this can make things a whole heap worse.

None of mine will touch any citrus fruits, ever. Tried them a variety of tangerines, clementine's, etc.

Back
Top Bottom