One Small Step For Me, One Giant Leap For Gizzie

RoyJess

We have owned Gizzie our cokcatoo for the past 4 years. He hates men, but he has accepted me and allowed me to give him head rubs. He also allows me to give him rubs under his wings.

He has bonded with Jess, he is comfortable to have cuddles with Jess as well as stepping up onto her.

Today, was the first for Gizzie and me. For the very first time in 4 years, he briefly stepped up onto my arm for a few seconds.

Needless to say that he was rewarded with a nut and rubs.

RoyJess

Thanks for your kind comments, I must be doing something right, I'm privilege to be able to handle all the parrots here (except the lovebirds) despite that they have all (apart from my Buddy) bonded with Jess.

I've also posted this to show all new parrot owners, that training can take as long as it take and only when the bird is ready. :budgie:

RoyJess

Today Gizzie decided to walk over onto me, and had a lengthy cuddle, another first for Gizzie

I was a bit worried as he was very close to my face and I've never had him this close to me before when I'm laying in bed, plus Missy was hiding under the duvet

RoyJess

Today was another first for Gizzie and me, he came to me and started to preen my arm and hand, then he decided that he would step up onto my hand and he stayed there for a good few minutes. He carried on preening my hand and happily stomping his feet on me. He did eventually decided to step off again to go back to his mummy Jess

plumsmum

Well done Roy, Plum used to do hand stomping, I assumed it was a touch of mating behaviour so didn't encourage it, nor did you. :)

RoyJess

Well done Roy, Plum used to do hand stomping, I assumed it was a touch of mating behaviour so didn't encourage it, nor did you. :)
I knew that Gizzie was getting randy on me, but I was very pleased that he didn't go any further and that he stop and step off me to go to Jess. Considering where he had come from with his fear/lack of trust of people, especially men, he has come a long way

JessCheekyMia

I turned over to have my medication that I forgot to take, naughty me. I put Gizzie down because I don't have them around my medication just in case they grab it. Then I saw Gizzie with Roy, my Gizzie is so happy to be around Roy now :applaudit:. But as soon as I laid back down he soon jumped onto me for the rest of the day and night lol. He is like super glue when he gets on me lol.

Top Bottom