One For The Administrator To Think About

Michael Reynolds

I would like to promote this site so that bird lovers and new bird lovers can be made awear of it.   I would like to get a promotion leaflet put in as many pet shops explaining this site and what advantages it can offer.  I have my own leaflets displayed at the local pet shops and when i have shown the site to them they both would be willing to put up a small promotion leaflet as they can see the good that it will bring for the birds.  They know little on this subject and would recomend the site to new or nedded customers.  if you could desiegne one that you will approve for any of us to print and put into our local shop I think that less parrots will be miss treated by lack of Knowledge.  It must state that we are not avian vets and just use the knowledge we have gained from our experiance with birds.  What Ideas you may have on this subject I dont know but I hope something you will give important consideration too.  What other members think of this Idea is also Important as it is all of us that count together.

Rhonda AKA Kensmrs

I think that would be a good idea and maybe even have reference to the other good sites for parrot people like The Island Parrot Sanctuary and Scarletts and Natural Bird Product Company and "A Parrot Charity Site" and Lockey's site for the aviaries and anything else that would be appropriate.

Michael Reynolds

I thought of that but I dont think most pet shops would like to advertise Say Scarletts I would think that onece the site gets used they will all learn of the best place to buy from are It s like things like "A Parrot Charity Site" and TIPS ect can soon be made awear off through the site and its members. We do a lot of good for parrots and The best way to say get people through the door as to speek is to Keep it simple informational and attractive to the unawear bird keeper.

Kiwiconures

Same here. I joined your forum because there isn't one here in NZ! I was in an Aust one, but that one has gone very quiet. Forums are great to bounce ideas around, especially for the inexperienced. Can I say too....you guys are much more fun!

Ali & Obi-Obird

that's very good idea, i have learned so much from this site i have lots of books etc but the knowledge and experience from many members on here have really helped me care for Rooie :thumbsup:

Michael Reynolds

I have been asked again if their will be a leaflet or poster that can be displayed at my local pet shop I said I will find out if thoughts have progressed on this matter

Michael Reynolds

Thay have room for an A4 size poster Yes I can print them with no problem you could do a half size one just in case a shop has not got the room to display the larger size.  if it can be downloadable then other members can see if their local pet shop whould advertise this site. 

Grey

Michael

What about business cards with the site logo and info on? could be placed by the till. Some are free if basic and doesn`t have to be on card. Just a thought but i like you idea the more people made aware of the site and parrots needs the better. :thumbsup:   Well done Michael.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ann Tamdream Stevens

This sounds like a great idea, :thumbsup:   I may not post a lot but ive founds this site brill for reading and learning, just by reading old posts. ive learnt so much over this last year.   Its a warm friendly forum for parrot keepers like my self who want to learn like my self. I'm very greatfull to  this forum it has a mine of info. welfare of birdds must all ways come first and formost. we all know about bad dog and cat owners but untill you get in too parrots you dont relize what a really tough life they can hav with owner who dont know what there doing.

Top Bottom