1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by Yellowchickenparrot, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Turn my back for 10min and she's naughty. Think my brownie points will be gone when the wife gets home. IMG_20180112_113321.jpg

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:nono: yes you need eyes in the back of your head. I can see you buying throws like the rest of us do :nut:

3. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

OOPs is that a chair arm? you need to get your charm offensive strategy ready before she gets home, good luck matey ..

4. Yellowchickenparrot

It's the back of the dining table chair set. Looks like we will be getting wood chairs lol at least they will last a tad longer.

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Welcome to the throws, towels, cloths club.

Kehaar, plumsmum and dianaT like this.
  6. dianaT

Wood won't last long either you know!

Kehaar and plumsmum like this.
  7. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Was nice meeting you! :wave:

plumsmum and TomsMum like this.
  8. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Any last words? :) We had a new wood dining set two weeks before it was Plum'd!

Would some arm covers be a temporary fix for now?

9. pally

pally caique whisperer Regular Member

Oooooooo i can hear the wife now,good luck with that mate ahaha

DizzyBlue likes this.
  10. Roz

Roz Regular Member

OMG indeed!!!!! :yikes:

11. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

12. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

oops. Sophie chewed our wood trim in living room & I thought that was bad (& had to be hastily filled & painted before oh spotted) filler & paint is not going to fix that....
    mind still remember popping out for half hour & returning to discover the dog had eaten a 4 foot by 4 foot section of new cushion floor in kitchen. and she had eaten all the bits so was also hysterical could end up with giant vet bill

13. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Oh no! They do like to chew anything that is not for them. Good luck telling your wife. We had to parrot proof our entire bungalow when we got Princess Mia.

14. JackH91

JackH91 Regular Member

Oops! My flock have cost me a small fortune replacing damaged household items. Have to agree with TomsMum I’ve got tons of throws now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomsMum likes this.
  15. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

That really cheered me up, we recently got a new settee, George of course had to test it but found out when OH inspected that Dusky had already had a go, in less that 4 week, holes appearing everywhere, must be the mice.

We had the Home Report done today, still have the silly things in Scotland, he has marked down the parrot damage as "general ware and tare" (apologies for the spelling)

dianaT and DizzyBlue like this.
  16. Yellowchickenparrot

Ok so wifey said "it's lucky I love you" we are going to get a new dining table and chairs in the summer made of wood and I got to keep a better eye on her lol

17. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

I gave up ages ago trying to replace what they destroy I never wanted to live in a perfect place anyways .... not that owning parrots will ever mean I do!
    :risas3:

Kendra likes this.
  18. dianaT

Buy second hand or from a charity shop then you won't feel quite so bad when it needs replacing again!

Kendra and JessCheekyMia like this.
  19. Yellowchickenparrot

Ha ha yeh maybe Diana, we kinda have been meaning to replace them for a while but we have a lot of other things on and they were last on the list

20. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

That's nothing, like @JessCheekyMia say's, we had to parrot proof our home.

I never forget the day we brought Gizzie our Cockatoo home. I was trying to move him from the travel cage to his new cage and he manage to sneak out and he flew up onto the wooden curtain rail and with one bite, he bitten the curtain rail in half with just the one bite as if it was made out of balsa wood :emoji_astonished:

We had to replace all our curtain rails with metal ones and raise them so high to ensure that the parrots can't perch on them.

They are always finding new things to chew, but that's parrots for you (and most pets will chew things)