New Overflow For The Rescues

marley

As you may know I take a few rescue birds in here and decided that I needed to sort some new housing, I will try to get better pics at the weekend but this is the first stage;

IMG_0715.JPG IMG_0716.JPG ab.JPG

This is a new room as the others are full up, who needs a workshop anyway! The small double cage has access to 9 foot outside flights and the corner flight goes out into a 7 x 12 foot flight for the not so little cockatiel gang (about 40 of the buggers!)
Will post pics of the outside when it's finished next week

Wakizashi21

Thats stunning...keep up the good work. Would love more piks as this really facinates me. How do you manage to clean all that?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dianaT

Staff member
Fancy folk doing that Marley. Long time back we used to holiday home many birds and every one went home again! Although we were asked to ship out a Greenwing who stayed with us to her owners when they moved to USA, we declined to do that and eventually she went home with them, no idea what eventually happened or whether they did move.

marley

This guy came here on holiday/respite when his owner was poorly and the family couldn't cope with him, they never came back to collect him and despite loads of calls texts and messages they eventually blocked my number, that was about 5 years ago and is the biggest bird I have had actually "dumped" on me in this way but I have 4 cockatiels and a budgie who again were never collected from 2 different owners.
Pedro the blue front is incidentally about 60 years old and was brought back from abroad as a young bird by the original owner, he does talk a little and is without a doubt the most spiteful wicked natured bird you could ever want to meet, he would happily eat me alive and I have no option but to net him and move him to another cage while I clean his aviary, I do however love him dearly and would never part with him, lol

Attachments

dianaT

Staff member
Our B/F Tommy is like that with hubby will easily eat him alive has chased him all over the house and even upstairs, so I make sure I am around when he's out, he has decided he is MY parrot and no one else will do! He's 33 now but came to us aged 12.

Top Bottom