1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Beginnings!

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by KLD95, Nov 4, 2018.

1. KLD95

KLD95 Regular Member Registered

Hello everybody! I haven’t been on here in a while as I fell ill and was also spending time with Jed! Just a little update for you guys. He finally does not attack Matthew now. He takes treats from him and lets him stroke him from the outside of the cage! Not only does he do this, but he lets Matthew leave him out, stands on top of his cage which is more or less the same height as Matthew as he’s tall and takes treats from him outside the cage!! Absolutely fantastic improvement! Another massive improvement is that Jed is not screaming half as much as he did!! I’m ever so proud of him! He’s even repeating things we’re saying and has picked up calling the cat by his name!! This is a massive appreciation post to you guys, thanks! @Roz @Rain @sunnyring

dianaT, TomsMum, Roz and 3 others like this.
  2. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Awww I'm so glad that things are getting better with him - and really pleased about him not screaming as much (I know how shrill it is). You all just needed to get used to each other. He sounds like he's settling in really well now and finding his confidence within his family, bless him. :)

KLD95 likes this.
  3. KLD95

He’s getting a little menace too! He calls the cat so sweet ‘Vincent, vince, (whistles) come on big boy’ and the cat wanders over up to the cage and Jed tries to bite his tail through the cage

4. Rain

Rain Regular Member

They're little horrors sometimes. I got a bite this week on my face from Ri, as a firework startled him and he decided it was my fault. I thought he was coming over for a snuggle and some comfort, as he walked up to me blowing kisses - then he lunged. He did ask afterwards if I was all right - and gave more kisses.
    Other time, he calls my daughter from the other room with increasing urgency, getting louder and crosser. So she comes in and says "what do you want?"- and then he blows raspberries at her and laughs. She never learns.

plumsmum and Nigalius like this.
  5. KLD95

Oh never? Poor Ri and poor you! They can be so loving! I had stayed a night away with my in-laws in their caravan and was back today. As soon as I got in Jed got so excited and was blowing kisses. First time for me to see him like that. Oh my that’s hilarious! They’re so clever

6. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yeah he likes to lull me into a false sense of security. :emoji_grin:
    Aw, he was excited to see you. They have so much love in their little birdie hearts (so much mischief too).

7. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Thank you for the update

KLD95 likes this.
  8. Roz

Roz Regular Member

WoooHOOOO! What a great update!!! :applaudit:

KLD95 likes this.
  9. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Great progress :)

KLD95 likes this.