New Arrival - Hahns - Toto

Wakizashi21

Finally got her last night. Shes absolutely adorable....full of character and has soo many words in his vocab. Shes such a good learner and even though she is abit nippy that is understandable considering shes gone through a tough journey and needs time to settle. She loves fruit, i havnt tried veggies yet as she only came in last night but was told she might like some...even though she may or may not...ill slowly introduce it...as she is nearly 13years old. Shes in good condition, even though id like to reduce her seeds habbit....but gradually over time. I was told she does lay eggs regularly so i may need to introduce some suppliments and egg food?...lets see how it all plans out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kendra

How wonderful, I feel as excited as you for some reason, must be rubbing off. Sounds like your half way there talking and eating fruit, does not sound stressed, just waiting for the piccis ??

Wakizashi21

Hi Kendra, shes just sitting on my Sennies cage lol i did let her out this morning to fly...gave her fruit from my hand but she does tey to nip my finger...not sure how hard lol shes not too stressed i think but always have to becareful at the start...i talk to ot non stop....had a good conversation at breakfast where she said...."hey baby" "meow" good boy...lay an egg for me...so was really interested to see how it went.

dianaT

Staff member
She is gorgeous I am so pleased for you (and for Toto ) looks just like dear Bertie who I used to holiday home regularly, he chatted non stop, would then do his Macaw shout then quite clearly in a posh voice said 'be quiet Bertie' ! He loved to bath in a water bowl on the dining table soaking everything!!! Looking forward to more updates, have fun :biggrin:

Kendra

Looks to me like she is settled, out on her cage 1st day. Yes though, she does not know you yet so will probably be a little wary till she trusts you, keep them treats up, I have found the way to a parrots heart is through the treats.

Beautiful bird, how big is she?

Wakizashi21

Shes a good size....have to measure her but definately bigger then my sennie...sennie half of her size i think....id like to try different things with her for sure. Give her some time to settle but also keep her mind stimulated. She definately is a attention seeker lol i am surprised as she is a rescue so she is well behaved for one.

Wakizashi21

I totally agree michael. They are facinating...but i think i needed the experience first and then make my way up to a Macaw.

I havnt seen her eat much of her seeds...so indo keep an eye on it and feed her millet or grapes and had a try at a mango slice

Wakizashi21

Shes taken a liking to millet michael. Shes tried the seeds which came with her which i think are tidy mix and also has pellets....but havnt seen her eat them...so iv tried to do everything to keep her fed...so have given her grapes n fresh seed and fruit..everythjng works apart from seeds at the moment lol

Wakizashi21

SHe is abit nippy...has tried to go for my fingers...while feeding her some fruit...hmmm lets hope she doesnt bite hard haha

Kendra

Yeh, but she probably is still wary of you, you have a beautiful brave little girl there, what do they say about smaller macaws, inside the are the same size as the big guys or think they are.

Roz

Congrats!!! She's adorable!!! :D She has a cute vocabulary - sounds like she was loved. :)

Wakizashi21

Her first two days have gone well. She still adjusting but apart from a few seeds yesterday i havnt seen her eat much. She takes it if i give her myself...gave her some toast with egg on...and she liked it...thought id give her some proteins. Gave millet as a treat and some apricot...which she took a few bites from and then chucked it across the room haha

Top Bottom