1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Addition To Our Houshold - Caique

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by LennyS, Feb 10, 2019.

1. LennyS

LennyS Regular Member Registered

So, after many months of thinking and research we finally took the plunge. Our new baby will be here on Tuesday and we can't wait after we had our fist cuddle today. She is gorgeous, 25 weeks old, very very playful and inquisitive. It was my prefered species of bird from the start of our search, so I'm very happy that the rest of the family finally agreed:)

I will be searching the forum with caique in mind, looking for tips and experiences. Looking forward to hearing from any caique owners.

And a photo, just in the cage this time. Somehow didn't think of taking any during the playtime.
    20190210_125029.jpg

Stinkie, dianaT, TomsMum and 4 others like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

We have a few members with these lovely birds I have living with me a black headed, so exciting times for you

LennyS likes this.
  3. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Awww how beautiful, Tuesday will soon be here :aaaaa: x

LennyS likes this.
  4. LennyS

Thank you, yes, it is very soon, so many things to buy :)

5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

6. Roz

Roz Regular Member

CONGRATS - she's so cute!!! :ura::emoji_tada:

7. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Oooo what a beauty :)
    Hope you have finished parrot proofing your home and making sure that anything like house plants really are safe, wires tucked out of reach or protected breakables out of harms way etc etc :)

8. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

9. Setanta

Setanta Regular Member

Gorgeous birdie, looks male, beak too long
    OHH the holes he will punch everywhere with that sharp point, lol
    Give me shout with any questions
    Get diet right from the start. Heavy on fruit n veg ( they love veg smoothies), low on seeds and rubbish
    12 hours sleep a night, plenty of exercise. Good luck

TomsMum, dianaT and Michael Reynolds like this.
  10. LennyS

She is home, very happy in her cage, not at all stressed, just playing constantly and eating her fruit. Will try to get a good photo, probably tomorrow, the light is not the greatest. Ordered her a lamp, but it hasn't arrived yet. And yes, the downstairs is completely bird-proofed, upstairs has yet to be done.

Vet visit is planned for next week, I will ask about the beak. She has had DNA done, should be a girl, does she look like a boy? Have to find out, we plan to get her a friend in a few months time, I've read that two boys together would be a problem.

TomsMum and Michael Reynolds like this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

looking forwards to hearing of happy days getting to know and like each other

12. LennyS

Well, she is really really tame and happy bird. Came out of the cage today, just looking around and exploring a bit. Absolutely loves her fresh food and the dried chillies in her mix. She has not killed anyone before the picture was taken, just munching on rasberries:D
    IMG_1608.jpg

And out of the cage for the first time.
    IMG-1613.JPG

13. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Gorgeous....be careful of the Raspberry fling won’t you...I’ve just wiped some off the carpet .....Chiko carefully avoided the PVC sheet, the door and the wall

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:22 PM
    LennyS likes this.
  14. Michael Reynolds

raspberry cake I just love raspberry caques:risas3::risas3: they are lovely photos

LennyS likes this.
  15. LennyS

The outside of the cage is ok for now, but she does play with her food, so she is like new caique spicies with red cheeks :-D