Nebuliser at Lidl

Michael Reynolds

i have noticed that Lidl are selling a nebuliser at £24.99 from Sunday 27th September, its the plug in model but always handy to have for your self or your bird. it a when they are gone they are gone deal. they also have a blood pressure monitor for 17.99 and a Pulsa Oximeter at 14.99. I use my nebuliser quite often as it has relaxing affects with my flock and good to use when moulting and new pins arriving plus if a bird has slight breathing problems. its a recommended part of my first aid kit for the flock

So now i have this thingy mi bob.

i need a sure fire way to use it.

does anyone know the ratio if i was to use F10SC in it, can i even use that ?

I do not use F10 products in the saline solution unless recommended by my avian vet. they will tell you the best dilution to use depending on the problem with the bird. I find that just the steam will help with feathers. but breathing they may recommend an additive and a dilution plus how often you should apply steam

oh yes mate, i wouldn't ever attempt it but ive heard of people using it in an emergency to give them a few more hours to get to the vet.

so it was really knowing what to use if i really had to do something, i just didnt want to be in a flap trying to google it in an emergency type situation.

So if i had to because of breathing difficulties as/when trying to get to a vet, what would it be ?

EDIT:

sorry just re-read your post, are you saying just to use water in the nebuliser as steam ?

Yes just sterile water I used Aloe in very small dilution at times but this is mainly for its properties to stop itching and its antiseptic properties, the problem is that if you use too much it may start to clog the jet. I was also told to use Aloe on Pringal after he had a toy caught in its beak

@Scott199 answered by Roz elsewhere

I nebulize Ollie (Amazon) with F10 for 20 minutes a day. All the vets I have seen (3 different surgeries with house moves) tell me the strength should be 1:250 for his Aspergillosis. The first vet he saw suggested this strength (1:250) before it was known he had Asper. To be on the safe side, I would contact your avian vet and ask him/her.

10 years ago there was just one F10 product. Now they have brought out at least three: F10 Antiseptic, F10SC (Super Concentrate) and F10SCXD. The F10SCXD has detergent added and should not be nebulized. I am not sure if the F10 Antiseptic is the same concentration as F10SC. To be on the safe side I now only use the F10 Antiseptic for nebulizing as the company suggests.

@Scott199 answered by Roz elsewhere
thank you, just been reading loads on the F10 site and they have a load of info, mostly way above my head but its all done with F10SC, so i've emailed them for a definitive answer, im happy to get F10 antiseptic if needed, but i always have plenty F10SC here.

ok, not sure if it will help anyone but had the below back from F10 regards nebulisation.

"We would always recommended that any animal treatment be advised by a vet and they would determine the necessary treatment plan. However, I can confirm that the general protocol for nebulisation of birds would usually involve the use of the F10 Antiseptic solution Ready to Use or a 1:250 dilution rate of the F10 Antiseptic solution concentrate.

It might also be helpful to know that the F10 SC Disinfectant was traditionally used for nebulising prior to the introduction of the F10 Antiseptic Solution concentrate product and is therefore the product referenced in many reports. The solution within these products (the F10 SC Disinfectant and F10 Antiseptic Solution concentrate) is the same but the labelling and guidelines for use of the products are different as required for treatment products."

i went back and asked just to confirm "So can i just be sure the F10SC is the same product as the antiseptic"

the reply
"Yes the F10 SC is the same product as the F10 Antiseptic Solution Concentrate and can be used for nebulising"

Errrrrr hmmmm that's actually confused me lol.
F10 was out before F10SC. SC standing for the words super concentration. But yeah what Roz said basically :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom