1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member Registered

When I'm not amusing the parrot I'm out with the boys FB_IMG_1505070140962.jpg FB_IMG_1505070256481.jpg FB_IMG_1505070176507.jpg FB_IMG_1505070028839.jpg FB_IMG_1505070058007.jpg

Roz, Nigalius, TomsMum and 2 others like this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Absolutely wonderful, great photos.

3. Yellowchickenparrot

Thanks they are spoilt rotten

4. dianaT

So they should be, rather like mine are!

5. Yellowchickenparrot

Let's see your goof troop Diana

6. dianaT

Max Springer and Arthur Gold retriever, both rescues. Max was failed gun dog. @Yellowchickenparrot

arthur_and_max_step-cropped.jpg

Roz likes this.
  7. Yellowchickenparrot

Oww how lovely my wife wanted a golden retriever but we made a compromise and she got a black lab gun dog as I look after the dogs 95% of the time and I needed something to work and come to work with me. So nice you rescued them

dianaT likes this.
  8. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

@dianaT did you rescue he dogs after having the parrots?
    We'd like to rescue but worried what a rescue dog would be like with our smaller pets, so we've always had puppies that we bring up around them

9. dianaT

Heather we have always had dogs before we even had parrots, although had budgies/canary etc. Always had 2 dogs as well, all rescues from various places, either strays that found us & were unclaimed or from rescues. Luckily we have never had any problems, dogs always been dead scared of the parrots, although never leave them in the same room alone when parrots are out.

Heather2131 likes this.
  10. Yellowchickenparrot

Yeh my two I have had from puppies but I never trust them even though they are well trained.

11. Roz

Roz Elected Forum Trainer Regular Member

12. pixar-kitten

pixar-kitten Regular Member Registered

My working dog is now retired but she's on my profile pic. My amazing guide dog Quiz. She's not officially retired but...major sugery a couple of weeks ago has meant that she won't work. She was going to retire in Nov anyway. But wanted to take this opportunity to let the world...or this site anyway lol...know I'm so proud to have been guided by her for 7 years. Quiz, I trusted you with my life for those years. Now it's my turn to look after you baby girl.

Bob, TomsMum and dianaT like this.
  13. Yellowchickenparrot

How lovely, working dogs deserve to get old and retire just as we do when we get old.

14. pixar-kitten

pixar-kitten Regular Member Registered

Exactly! Normally where I live they retire at 10. She's 9, but has arthritis. And now is recovering from a perforated ulcer, and because of where it was, pancreatitis. So....!!!!